Deal Alert (Updated Again)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
17-VIZIO-VTAB-1008.jpg

Update 2- If you didnt get this deal but still want one you can check out Overstock they have them on sale for just 10 dollars more ( $169 ) now it is 189.99 at overstock

Update- This deal is no longer available, I hope every body got one that wanted one.

Today Woot® : One Day, One Deal is offering a Vizio Vtab 1008 and Folio case for just 159 dollars. I just purchased mine and thought I would share the great deal with all of you. I had a friend purchase one back on black friday for 190 dollars with out a case. My favorite thing about this tablet is the built in IR blaster that turns this tablet into a universal remote. I have tested the IR blaster on 4 different tv's, my xbox and a cable box. If your looking for a good tablet at a great price this is one you should definitively consider.

source- Woot® : One Day, One Deal

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It's a refurbished.

Yes, but with major tablet manufactures this is not usually a big deal. A Chinese no name I would be concerned about a refurb but not so much a company like Vizio. Of course if new is important you just have to pay more. Thanks probbiethe1 I picked one up just to see how it works as a universal remote :)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Wow that's a real good price, I don't mind refurbed on a brand name either, my Dells (A dell mini 1012 and a Inspiron 17R 2nd Gen) both are refurbed. :D And both are still running smoothly. *knock on wood*

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Anyone else notice it also comes with the floio case (new)? That's another $20 value to the purchase!

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Just got one will let you know how it is.Has a 90 day warranty and free case.My first tab was a Maylong m150 was garbage hope it gets ICS.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The deal is only good for today. It is a 2.3 so ICE is probably not in it's future. I agree, being refubished probably is not an issue.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The deal is only good for today. It is a 2.3 so ICE is probably not in it's future. I agree, being refubished probably is not an issue.

Just think though Android 2.3 is pretty high tech for universal remote software ;) How many other remotes can you surf the web,play games or even watch movies on?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Absolutely! It probably would have been worth getting one for a backup.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Just wanted to pint out that a refub can be nothing more than a unit that was returned to a distributor for no other reason than the customer did not like it, why?
Not enough memory, no front facing camera, thought it would be like a Asus Transformer or Motorola Xoom, screen not large enough or larger than they wanted.
Could be for any reason other than it did not work correctly. Distributors return the tabs to the manufacturer and they refurb and resell.
If there was nothing wrong with the unit in the first place ie the 4 gigs memory just wasn't enough and thats why it was returned, then you are basically getting a brand new tablet and case for half the retail price.
I have purchased refubs in the past as well and have never had issues. You just have to be careful of the brand and where you get it. Vizio IMHO is a great American brand name, and

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
{Well crap, why are we not allowed to edit our posts? I wanted to add more to it but needed to find something out, and not I have to make another post to finish the thought.}

Continuation of previous post.
I don't know anything about the Woot sight so if you know then buy away.
But this tablet is worth that price and more.