Decent quality games for Android

BloodLust

Dec 20, 2010
I'm new to Android, But very familiar with Apple and iTunes. I love my mobile games and must say the Android market is horrible with almost no quality published A list games. I'm in sorts shocked considering the market share of Android that no one is developing any games for it. Does anyone know why this is? The iPhone and ipad have alot of good stuff and people are Making a ton o money. :mad:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Part of the reason is no doubt the dreaded Android "fragmentation." There are a number of different versions of Android out there in the wild right now on devices with vastly different hardware configurations. You can't count on everyone having 3D hardware acceleration, or fast processors, or high resolution screens, or "x" amount of storage, or even what kind of input options are available. In contrast, iOS developers only need to target a couple of operating system versions on a few standardized devices that actually have pretty good hardware and capabilities.

Things are poised to change soon, however. Starting with Android 2.2 "Froyo" there are more capabilities built into the OS for gaming and the devices themselves are finally getting some more powerful hardware capable of serious mobile gaming. Also, don't forget Adobe Flash support will allow a ton of existing games to run (or easily be ported to) Android devices.