decision time ...

Atsikitas

May 4, 2012
Ok, its close to decision time, and I need somme help. Do I go with a well-established tablet manufacturer, or with one of these chinese brands that I have been hearing about? Saving between $150-$200 is very appealing, but I wwant to be sure that my purchase is the right one. This is my first tablet, and I don't want to rush into something. How reliable and comparable to Samsung, Motorola, or Asus are Cube, Window and Ainol? I have been focusing on the motorola xyboard, though I wish it had a 1.5 ghz processor and memory expansion capabilities. I like the build of it and the size, but it costs $400 ... please advise. Thank you.

linda2598

Jun 12, 2012
Honestly, yes the prices are a little better as far as the chinese brands, but they seem to have a wide variety of problems (I have one myself)...I would say that your best bet is to go with the well established manufacturer. Its better to know the quality of the products before purchasing something that you may later on regretting. Yes, the prices may be a little more, but your also getting more for your money than with the chinese brands. I hope this helps:) Good luck:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Atsikitas,

To decide between a well-established tablet manufacturer or one of those Chinese brands, I'd suggest you go to the main forum page ( http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/index.php ) and begin at the forum for Acer Tablets and scroll down the page. Look at the forum for whatever tablet you're considering and see what kind of member support you can expect to receive if you buy that tablet. If you can't find a forum for the tablet you're considering, you probably shouldn't buy it. You'll likely be on your own if you have any questions or a problem with it, and it pretty much goes without saying you'll probably get what you pay for.:eek:

If you decide on a Chinese brand tablet, I'd suggest you limit your choice of vendors to those that are Supporting Vendors of the forum. They're listed near the bottom of the same page. Between them they carry just about any brand you might be interested in and they have a vested interest in keeping you happy.:rolleyes:

Hopefully, this will be of some help in narrowing down the choices for that "perfect" tablet for you.

Spider:cool:

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Ok, its close to decision time, and I need somme help. Do I go with a well-established tablet manufacturer, or with one of these chinese brands that I have been hearing about? Saving between $150-$200 is very appealing, but I wwant to be sure that my purchase is the right one. This is my first tablet, and I don't want to rush into something. How reliable and comparable to Samsung, Motorola, or Asus are Cube, Window and Ainol? I have been focusing on the motorola xyboard, though I wish it had a 1.5 ghz processor and memory expansion capabilities. I like the build of it and the size, but it costs $400 ... please advise. Thank you.

Hi Atsikitas, the coming dual core Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II is a great tablet :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, depending on what size or specs you are looking for i wloud say that most chinese tabs are very good in comparison against big brand tabs. i have a sanei n90 & i find it does all i want it to do. i agree with spider that you shopuld stick with supporting vendors as they give a much better after sales service than other less trustworthy suppliers who are just profit orientated . here is a link to a good 9'7 tab from a vendor i have used and trust. if this tab is not what youre looking for, there will probably be something on their site that will fit your requirements. i think that big brands are way overpriced & these tabs are easily up to the tasks that are required by most users. the price saving is a big issue with users like myself on a tight budget but i went into local stores to try a few of the more expensive tabs & found nothing in them that i couldnt do just as well on my own tab, just as quickly, or better in some cases. its your money & your choice but as long as you stick with a good brand chinese tab such as yuandao, onda, ployer, ainol, etc you will be very pleased with your device, should you want dual core technology check the dual core version of the yuandao n90 on their site. i have just ordered one of these myself. good luck.
Yuandao N90 9.7 inch Android 4.0 IPS Capacitance Screen Tablet PC Yuandao N90 9.7 inch Android 4.0 IPS Capacitance Screen Tablet PC [YDN90] - $207.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods