Delete an account in GMAIL app

rverhare

Jan 5, 2012
hello,

I've setup two accounts in GMAIL APP and want to remove one (which is not the main gmail-account, but still a gmail-account).

I can't find how to do this, please advise?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Go to (Android) Settings - Accounts & Sync - Tap the account you want to delete and then tap the "Remove Account" that should be in the top right (a least in Honeycomb)

mickem

Sep 22, 2012
Welcome to the forum!

Go to (Android) Settings - Accounts & Sync - Tap the account you want to delete and then tap the "Remove Account" that should be in the top right (a least in Honeycomb)
Thank you too and it worked OK in "ice cream" too!
Prior to find your answer I got plenty of negative answers, so I'm glad now.
My worst problem with the second account (which is mine) is that it will show all my contacts in "people" but it's not my tablet although I have full control of it. I wish the additional account should also be individually protected if one wishes too

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
My worst problem with the second account (which is mine) is that it will show all my contacts in "people" but it's not my tablet although I have full control of it. I wish the additional account should also be individually protected if one wishes too

You can avoid that issue by getting to your gmail through the internet browser or by syncing your gmail to a mail app besides gmail. That way you don't have to actually associate your gmail account with somebody else's tablet but can still use that tablet to check you gmail.

JP

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011

You can avoid that issue by getting to your gmail through the internet browser or by syncing your gmail to a mail app besides gmail. That way you don't have to actually associate your gmail account with somebody else's tablet but can still use that tablet to check you gmail.

JP

JP is correct you should not add an account on a non owned tablet unless you care not for these issues..

Indeed in the meantime if its that important to you and your friends tablet is not, in other words your number #1, then run this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.octabode.dcfd&hl=en

Cheers