[SOLVED] Demo Software Takes Over

ron08004

Jul 3, 2015
I got this tablet out of the dumpster of a gamestop. Its an Asus MeMO pad 10 ME102A-A1-PK 10.1 16gb tablet.
I've tried a factory reset, I can't get to any of the settings like USB debugging and such. Since I formatted it, when I boot it up, it lets me select a language for the device and if I act fast enough I can choose the wifi network and put in the password but before then, the Turtlebeach Headset demo software takes over. I've tried going to ASUS's site and downloading the cleardata software to put on an sd card. My goal is to get the demo software off and at least get its stock firmware on there. Any help would be appreciated.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ron, congratulations on your free tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. If you do a forum search for "demo", you'll get about 3 pages of hits. There should be something in there that'll help you. I'm also moving your thread to the Asus MeMO Pad 10.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you can find the firmware version that matches your region, (ie WW) and your tablet. unzip only the first file to a FAT32 formatted microSD card and restart.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you extract the ZIP file you will have another ZIP file. so, extract only once. The second ZIP file should be the one that goes into the root of the SD card.

ron08004

Jul 3, 2015
If you extract the ZIP file you will have another ZIP file. so, extract only once. The second ZIP file should be the one that goes into the root of the SD card.
Then place the SD card into the tablet
I followed your instructions and unless I wasn't doing it correctly, it didn't work. =/

ron08004

Jul 3, 2015
Earlier this morning, I'm happy to say the issue has been resolved. I managed to get all the way to the home screen after the setup wizard just before getting locked out. After a minute the lock screen came up and I started messing with the widgets setting. I clicked the Gmail setting, it asked for the wifi information and I was at the settings menu. I got to the apps section and disabled "turtlebeach". I can't uninstall it but I have a perfectly working asus tablet. Thank you for the help folks. =D

JPRabbit

Jul 30, 2016
Earlier this morning, I'm happy to say the issue has been resolved. I managed to get all the way to the home screen after the setup wizard just before getting locked out. After a minute the lock screen came up and I started messing with the widgets setting. I clicked the Gmail setting, it asked for the wifi information and I was at the settings menu. I got to the apps section and disabled "turtlebeach". I can't uninstall it but I have a perfectly working asus tablet. Thank you for the help folks. =D

I also got an AUSU tablet from a GameStop but can't figure out which Firmware to to put in. Which one did you choose?

Adams50131

Oct 23, 2016
I also received a Asus Tablet from GameStop with the turtle beach demo ware,
also I was just wondering what firm wear up grade to use for this.