Desktop Icons

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Hi All,

How do I adjust the text size of my desktop icons?......right now the text really, really small & I'd like it a bit bigger.....

I've been looking through the settings but obviously haven't found anything yet.....

Many Thanks,
FlutteringBy

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
I don't think this is possible other than trying with a alternate home launcher, and I think ADW Launcher EX is the only one optimize for tabs. Once installed you can download a home theme that has bigger letter. I believe that there is one called XL icons or something. Sorry that can't remember the name, if i do I'll edit the post. ;)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
After a while you don't even notice that they have text, because you know what each icon means.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use ADW Launcher EX and have the text hidden, but you can adjust the size if you want it larger.

I also think ADW is much faster than the stock launcher.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks everyone for your replies.....

Yes, Icebike, I agree that after a while you don't even notice the text, but I've been helping our local seniors group & for 3 in particular, this is their first exposure to "computer stuff".....so as a result they are reading absolutely everything.....:).....but they do love their tabs....

I'll check out ADW, that might be just what I'm looking for.....

I appreciate your help,
FlutteringBy

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Thanks everyone for your replies.....

Yes, Icebike, I agree that after a while you don't even notice the text, but I've been helping our local seniors group & for 3 in particular, this is their first exposure to "computer stuff".....so as a result they are reading absolutely everything.....:).....but they do love their tabs....

I'll check out ADW, that might be just what I'm looking for.....

I appreciate your help,
FlutteringBy

Its off topic, but what do they use the tablets for?
You just caught my interest is all, lol.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Its off topic, but what do they use the tablets for?
You just caught my interest is all, lol.

They're using their tabs for playing games (cards, word, puzzles etc), they listen to their "special" music, take video's & pics, do a bit of photo editing, read books, check out Google Earth, Google Sky, Google Body & other sites....

They find that the tabs are not as intimidating as a desktop or laptop, so each day is a new adventure......:D.....

spexwood

May 11, 2011
They're using their tabs for playing games (cards, word, puzzles etc), they listen to their "special" music, take video's & pics, do a bit of photo editing, read books, check out Google Earth, Google Sky, Google Body & other sites....

They find that the tabs are not as intimidating as a desktop or laptop, so each day is a new adventure......:D.....

Cool :)
A tablet is closer to a pen and paper (using your hands) than a computer is, so i can see how it would be less intimidating. Keep up the good work ;D
Teach them how to video chat with relatives too. Some of them may find that cool and useful.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Yes, video chat is on the horizon & I'm sure they'll get a lot of enjoyment from it.....:D......

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
Many thanks, 2000roadie......

Its very rewarding when you see the look of amazement & smiles on an elderly face, at what they've just accomplished.......:)....

And they are teaching me so much too.......thank goodness I have this wonderful site to turn to when I need some answers.....:D....