DESPERATE TO KNOW ABOUT SD CARD PROBLEM (Sick Mom and need my tablet)

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
So they are just going to wait for Ice Cream for us to run a program?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Lol, no. You can run apps on the internal memory. And that's how every iOS product works. Internal memory only. For Honeycomb, you can put your music, picture and video files on the external card. For, ICS, apps2sd support will be back. It's a temporary thing.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Okay, good. Thanks!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
Lisa, if it turns out your microsd slot is bad, and you need to hold off on returning it for a bit you can get something like this:
AAAAC6__CJIAAAAAAT427g.jpg

and read your videos/music/pics from the usb port.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
When you plug the card in, you will need to use your fingernail to push the card in until you hear and feel a slight click. When it clicks, that means that the card is seated properly, and unless the card is bad, it will be picked up by the tablet.

Also, with Honeycomb, the OS does not support saving and running apps off of the SD card. The SD card can only be used to save video, music or other files. Another thing to keep in mind is that with Honeycomb, it uses part of your available memory as a pseudo-SD card. Some Android apps automatically puts some files in your memory and other files onto the SD card, so Honeycomb creates a virtual SD card using your memory for these apps to install those files.

Therefore, if you are using Honeycomb, it is better to have more memory on the tablet itself. However, all is not lost, as if you have a Honeycomb tablet, most likely the manufacturer will upgrade your tablet (when they get around to it) to Ice Cream Sandwich. In Ice Cream Sandwich, the OS does support apps on the SD card.
Well I must agree - buy the tablet with the bigger internal memory. Mine as 32GB and I haven't got a memory problem. At this time the extrnal microSD is generally for data, videos, pictures and etc. I haven't seen the definitive on what ICS would or would not do - all just speculation at this moment.