Desperately need fw help with generic flytouch!!!!!

Sagan2010

Dec 20, 2010
I purchased this pad on ebay:

View attachment 513 $60867_437950422948_579882948_5282025_3556438_n.jpgView attachment 512

Sellers details :
Description:

CPU
450MHz
System Memory
256MB Memory
Operating System
Google Android 2.0; Firmware:1.6 (obviously it's android 1.6)
LCD
7" TFT LCD
Resolution
800 x 480
Touch Screen
Full Size,High Sensitive Touch Operation
Nand Flash
2 GB
Internet
Support Wifi / Ethernet
Button
Power Button, Esc Button, up/down Plus/Minus Button
Input / Output
USB to RJ45 /TF card slot
DC In jack /OTG port
USB port /Earphone jack /Reset jack
Audio

Built-in Stereo speakers
Built-in Microphone
AC Power Adaptor
100-240V Input, 9V DC Output
Languages
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian , Lithuanian, Norwegian, Poland, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified)
Audio/Video Player
MP3, WMA, AAC,MP4,AVI
Accessory
AC Adapter,User Manual,Ethernet Adapter

Package:

• <LI class=STYLE9>1 x Android Tablet PC <LI class=STYLE9>1 x Power Adapter <LI class=STYLE9>1 x Ethernet Adapter
  • 1 x User Manual
It has a blue led that turns red while charging and it looks exactly like those pictures except in the headphone jack the inset spacer is green instead of black and it has the headphone symbol and power symbol printed next to the jacks.

I've tried to load custom fw on it and they all hang at "upgrading file-system please wait" with the exception of tipstrs 2.1.1_105 fw's which go to "upgrading file system please wait" and then a little progress bar pops up and runs but never stops. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a kingston 2gb micro sd and copying the "script" folder to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....right now it's just a paperweight.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you searched this forum for one

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

Sagan2010

Dec 20, 2010
This forum is where I got the fw I've tried so far. Right now I'm flying blind because I don't even know what I'm supposed to look for.

Sagan2010

Dec 20, 2010
I went to the store and bought a PNY 4GB class 4 microsd card. Now while using this WMT2.1.2_105 ROOTED ROM it gets past upgrading file-system then goes to "prepare update files" goes to "update filesystem start" and goes for a little bit and then locks up

Sagan2010

Dec 20, 2010
Didn't work.....didn't even get the progress bar at upgrading file-system please wait

Sagan2010

Dec 20, 2010
Okay...I've taken mine apart.....and there isn't an internal microsd card. Is that the reason?

I see 2 1GB ddr2 chips next to the wm8505+ chip
Removable Processor board:
Proc - wm8505+, 1037cd Taiwan, 2ja2016801 (comma denotes next line)
DDR2 chips - Hynix kor, hy5ps1g831c, fp-s6 c 044v, mwhabjp3mc (when I look them up it says 1GB DDR2 800.....what??)

Main board: (labeled m009b_v2, 20101115)

Nand flash - Samsung 043, k9gag08u0e, scb0 (looking it up that's a 2G x 8 bit advanced flash chip by samsung)
Lan chip?: VIA VT6113, 1034cd taiwan, 2ua3003671
Audio Touchpanel codec: WM9715g, oaackai
the other small chips having a hard time reading the numbers.....​

fan1701

Dec 23, 2010
Hi Sagan2010. I have the same pad. Same situation. I have tried over 20 roms , none working. I have pictures of the guts. I don't think that there is a rom for our model yet.

http://fan1701.com/stuff/androidpad/8505.JPG

http://fan1701.com/stuff/androidpad/epad_guts.JPG

http://fan1701.com/stuff/androidpad/ports.JPG

The pictures are large so i posted them as links.

warning! warning! warning! warning! warning!

NOTE: BEWARE ON BUYING EPAD/APAD 7 INCH WITH 2.1.1 & 2.1.105 FIRMWARE WHICH THE OTHER SELLERS ARE OFFERING. THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE "OFFICIAL EPAD FLYTOUCH ROOTED ANDROID FIRMWARE.
THEY CANNOT BE ROOTED.

How to Identify those units?
1. Firmware version 2.1.1 or 2.1.105 on boot-up screen.
(Official flytouch rooted firmware 2.088 will successfully be installed but will display "force close" error and will hang.

2. Epads with BLUE LED POWER INDICATOR.
(This unit will fail on firmware upgrade for "OFFICIAL FLYTOUCH FIRMWARE". The unit be bricked upon reboot.

3. HOME SCREEN WITH IPAD THEME AND LARGE ICONS

How did I know?
I have installed the 2.088 Rooted Android firmware to units with generic firmware of 2.1.1 & 2.1.105 and they both failed the firmware upgrade. I have returned the units to the supplier.]

source: (down the page a bit. The page is cached original has been deleted)
TipidPC.com | ePad/aPad Flytouch 7.5 inch Rooted Android 2.088 Tablet/Wifi/3G/with Leathercase

Maybe with time roms for this version will start to appear. Until then , we wait. :(

fan1701

Last edited:

bluesilver

Dec 19, 2010
good day friend.. i hope you could help me Fan1701, i need to open and see the guts of my flytouch clone but i could not find a way to do so. it is as if there is screws in the corners of my apad but i knew we have the same make and model, as i look into your pictures, i noticed that in the upper corners i could see screw post. how did you remove those screws without breaking anything?

fan1701

Dec 23, 2010
good day friend.. i hope you could help me Fan1701, i need to open and see the guts of my flytouch clone but i could not find a way to do so. it is as if there is screws in the corners of my apad but i knew we have the same make and model, as i look into your pictures, i noticed that in the upper corners i could see screw post. how did you remove those screws without breaking anything?
Hi Bluesilver. There is a video on Youtube that shows you how. My screen is broken from taking mine apart. You MUST do this properly of the screen will break.
This guy has got it worked out. Come to find out my device has Eken M009 hardware. It is only 128 MB. The manufacturer used software to hide it from the user. Device reports 256mb. Google search Eken M009 and you will see. Also if that is the model you have there is an updated rom here. Welcome to Eken(HK) Electronics Co.,Ltd

Good luck. Hope it helps. Mine is working. I need a new screen though. I am going to take it apart and attempt to replace the glass in it. That is the only thing that is broken. The LCD if fine.

al

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2010
I am not alone. There is one person I read up on that is experiencing the same thing. What should be done is that the android OS should be made to support all tablets that are generic.

tajlund

Jan 17, 2011
Well, I've been everywhere and found myself back here again. Same problem as above. Pad has blue power light, red when charging, and green headphone jack. Eken M009 rom doesn't work, none of the other 40 roms I've tried are working either. This sucks, all this hell just because I couldn't get Android Market.

Dec 28, 2010
Same situation. I know the feeling. Mine has been down for a long while. I guarantee this, when I solve this. This issue will be shared. It must be shared. It will help others as well as any future situations. I will record all my efforts when I do start.