Device Location

danrob1uk

May 11, 2012
I am a total newbie with very little understandong of Android so please be gentle with me.

I have just bought a device (sold to me as a flytouch 5) running Android 2.3 for my wife for her birthday. So far so good in that it does everything she has asked for so far bar one thing.

I have been unable to download the BBC iplayer app as I get a message that this app cannot be installed in my device's country. Device shows up as AT&T VIMICRO MID. Believe this limits me to aps for the American market?

I have investigated a little and discovered that there are certain products out there such as Market Enabler and Market Unlocker which remove the location restrictions and enable you to download aps regardless of location. I downloaded the free version of market unlocker which has not solved the problem (not even sure I am using it correctly). In any case, this is a way around the issue rather than the solution.

Model Number
MID

Android Version

Baseband Version
Unknown

Kernel Version
root@zjd #7

Build number
MID-userdebug 2.3 GRH55 eng.root.20111122.173305 test-keys

Dont know what the above means but it may be useful here?

has anyone else had the same issue? How did you solve it? Any help you can give would be very gratefully received.​

Last edited:

danrob1uk

May 11, 2012
nearly 650 views and nobody can help? Please, if you have any idea how I can solve this I would be eternally grateful!