Devices

Angeldreads

Jan 23, 2012
when ever i try to install evernote to my coby kyros from the android market it tells me that there is no android device located with the acc. what am I doing wrong? can anyone help me to add this app?

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Market thinks mine is a TMobile device. I have a TMobile phone. If you have a rooted phone, there are ways of transferring apps.
There are places like GetJar for some apk files. Amazon Marketplace will install apps. A few other sites, too. There's a list of safe ones in some forum on here - I can't remember which forum.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
OP, You probably doing nothing wrong.
Not all Android devices are Google approved. Those that are not do not show with your acct even if your gmail acct is on the device, or if you side load the market to it. If Google does not deem the device worthy it will not be recognized and not show on the acct.
Supported Devices - Android Market Help
Above is a list of approved devices from Google, it is not fully up to date, but probably close.
According to the list, the Coby brand is AWOL. Not approved, until which time Google does approve them you may never see your device on the list.
Why does Google not approve? While I do not work for Google I would assume it is because the devices are often cheaply made, under powered with inadequate versions of the Android OS on them.
Over all this gives Google and Android a bad reputation. People think Android is a POS product. When it is not Android, but the companies (Tablet makers) desire to throw a trash product on the market and take peoples money using the Android name to make the sale.
Sadly Coby, MID and many others, even Ainovo/Ainol. Claimed to have Google approval for the Novo7 Paladin and it is not on the list either.
Most tablets that are not Google approved will not ship with the Android Market. If your tablet did not come with the REAL Android Market on it chances are very, very good it is a (what I think is sometimes referred to as a gray tablet) non approved device.