[devs needed] Unofficial CyanogenMod7/2.3.3 port for RK2818 tablets

G

geoRG77

Unofficial CyanogenMod7 port for RK2818 tablets
this is a work-in-progress project for porting CyanogenMod7 (gingerbread/2.3.3) to RK2818 tablets.

We are looking for devs for this port, there is a lot of work which need to be done.
Testers are welcome as well, please tell us your device, you can use our list of devices here: Rockchip products | androtab.info

Current status (2011/4/17)
not work: accelerometer, audio, (hw)video, and many things which you expect to work ;)
work: touchscreen, wlan, market (if you add files from gapps for CM7)

Download/more info
firmwares | androtab.info
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod7 port for RK2818 tablets - xda-developers

mawker

Jul 25, 2011
Hi,

i have a HM07A device from china, and i have time for testing this port on my own RK2818 device!

I saw your website, but don't find a contact form...

Waiting for your reply, how can i contact with you!

Thanks,

mawker

Unofficial CyanogenMod7 port for RK2818 tablets
this is a work-in-progress project for porting CyanogenMod7 (gingerbread/2.3.3) to RK2818 tablets.

We are looking for devs for this port, there is a lot of work which need to be done.
Testers are welcome as well, please tell us your device, you can use our list of devices here: Rockchip products | androtab.info

Current status (2011/4/17)
not work: accelerometer, audio, (hw)video, and many things which you expect to work ;)
work: touchscreen, wlan, market (if you add files from gapps for CM7)

Download/more info
firmwares | androtab.info
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod7 port for RK2818 tablets - xda-developers

sega dude

May 28, 2011
I have installed this on my Craig CMP738a tablet. It works great and I love it. There is sound but no video in the youtube app. I was able to connect to my wireless with no problem. It is much faster and more responsive than any other rom I've used on this device. I screen orientation is reversed. When I have it horizontal the screen is vertical and vice versa. But thats probably my fault for not doing step 3 and 4. Even with the bugs this is by far the best rom i've used on this device.

thedark

Oct 26, 2011
I Am curently testing the cyanogenmod 7 on my yarvik.

runs like a charm exept for some reason i do not have any usb device.

i want to take a part in your project, PM me if you need anything.

Z1ldj1an

May 11, 2012
Hello all devs and Android users.
I have a HM07A-W device. Link: 7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A - Detailed info for 7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A,7" capacitive screen MID,7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A,Customized on Alibaba.com
It has a 2.1 Android on it and it's mainly Chinese customized, can't be rooted properly or otherwise customized without remaking the ROM. So I've decided to MOD it properly and hopefully with Your help I can put CyanogenMOD 7 on it and solve this long time burden.
Is there anyone who could help?
It is RK2818 based so I think it shouldn't be too complicated and I'm eager to take part in your project.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

mawker

Jul 25, 2011
Hello Z1ldj1an,

do you have now this HM07 tablet? When I upgraded my tablet to a new firmware, the usb cable was wrong, so I bricked my tablet. Unfortunately, the backum what i made previously was defekt. I was able to upgrade to another firmware, unfortunately touch screen does not work. In this time I can customize the firmware, but I don't have a touch screen driver..

If You have now this tablet, I can help You and I hope, You can help me!

Thanks,

mawker

I have a HM07A-W device. Link: 7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A - Detailed info for 7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A,7" capacitive screen MID,7 inch 3G Tablet PC MID HM07A,Customized on Alibaba.com
It has a 2.1 Android on it and it's mainly Chinese customized, can't be rooted properly or otherwise customized without remaking the ROM. So I've decided to MOD it properly and hopefully with Your help I can put CyanogenMOD 7 on it and solve this long time burden.
It is RK2818 based so I think it shouldn't be too complicated and I'm eager to take part in your project.

Thanks guys!

Z1ldj1an

May 11, 2012
Hello Z1ldj1an,

do you have now this HM07 tablet? When I upgraded my tablet to a new firmware, the usb cable was wrong, so I bricked my tablet. Unfortunately, the backum what i made previously was defekt. I was able to upgrade to another firmware, unfortunately touch screen does not work. In this time I can customize the firmware, but I don't have a touch screen driver..

If You have now this tablet, I can help You and I hope, You can help me!

Thanks,

mawker

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Z1ldj1an

Thanks guys!

Yes, I do have the tablet and I do have the stock firmware.
I just don't know for sure how to upload it to You.

No problemo! ;)

Welcome,

Z1ldj1an

Last edited: