Dialer *

Merovingian

Jan 6, 2011
My pad works great but noticed that a thing named "Dialer *" is eating 80-90% of my battery usage and wondering how to get rid of it, or turn it off..

It says something like
Usage:
Dialer * - 84%
Time - 5 hours 39 minutes
Connected - 0%

I presume it's something to do with a phone, which obviously it isn't and why it's never connected to anything..

And on a sundry note, how do you remove keyboards / ime's ? I have 5 on it and all are third-party and non of them I can actually read as they are Russian, Chinese, etc..

But yes, if anyone can tell me how to disable that dialer thing I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
put your tablet into Airplane mode and then individually turn back on wifi and/or bluetooth. this is the easiest and safest way.

Merovingian

Jan 6, 2011
I'm not sure how to do that.. I've read through the instructions manual, but nothing says anything about an airplane mode

//edit//

Downloaded a widget from the market, worked great, thanks.

Last edited:

elister

Jan 1, 2011
I'm not sure how to do that.. I've read through the instructions manual, but nothing says anything about an airplane mode

//edit//

Downloaded a widget from the market, worked great, thanks.

Typically when you shut off Anrdoid (press and hold the power button) it should give you options to shut off, go into airplane mode, etc, etc.

However the Tablet I have, does not display this when I push and hold down on the power button.

Merovingian

Jan 6, 2011
Typically when you shut off Anrdoid (press and hold the power button) it should give you options to shut off, go into airplane mode, etc, etc.

However the Tablet I have, does not display this when I push and hold down on the power button.

No, neither does mine, just turns off the screen or the option to turn off completely

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
Which widget did you use? I downloaded one that stopped the phone app, but not the dialer. I don't want to delete, rename, or freeze the dialer in case it might contribute to green screen hangups.

Merovingian

Jan 6, 2011
Which widget did you use? I downloaded one that stopped the phone app, but not the dialer. I don't want to delete, rename, or freeze the dialer in case it might contribute to green screen hangups.

It was called "Airplane Widget"

But when I checked last night it's still got the "Cell Standby" eating up 82% of the battery, but it has slowed the battery consumption a little.

//edit//
I want to get rid of it all together as it's a tablet and wont ever be used as a phone..

Merovingian

Jan 6, 2011
Sorry to bump but "Dialer *" has now changed to "Cell Standby" and uses the same 70% battery...

And since the software updated I've now lost my GPS function.