Dictionaries on Ideos S7

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,

On my 'normal' Ideos S7 I've installed the ROM for the Slim-version. It's working very smoothly and I can change the input-languages. Under the settings menu and languages it says that a Dutch dictionary is available, but when entering text the spellcheck only comes with English suggestions, although the space-bar says 'Nederlands' (= Dutch) .
Anyone any clues?

Greetings, Dick

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
OK, good to know slim rom works in fatty s7

If you go to display settings, do you see a HDMI option?

Pete

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
Hi, unfortunately the previous replies weren't really ontopic. ;-)
But I've found a solution for my 'problem'. In the google Market I stumbled on GO Keyboard, installed it and added a Dutch dictionary for it. Works like a charm. I've completely removed the Android Keyboard to clean up the stuff a bit.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Hi Jota

Can you confirm your response was with the slim rom installed on a fatty?

Pete

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
Does 3G work on it? I heard that Huawei pulled 3G from the Slim right before the release date.

Last edited:

Jota

May 25, 2011
Hi Jota

Can you confirm your response was with the slim rom installed on a fatty?

Pete

Yes, I have the Tri_zet rom (Slim mod) installed on the "classic" S7 (S7-105).

So, this leads to ask where one could get a dock for the S7, because I remember to read somewhere that the dock includes a HDMI port??

EDIT:
or get the pinout of the dock...??

Last edited:

Jota

May 25, 2011
Hi, unfortunately the previous replies weren't really ontopic. ;-)
But I've found a solution for my 'problem'. In the google Market I stumbled on GO Keyboard, installed it and added a Dutch dictionary for it. Works like a charm. I've completely removed the Android Keyboard to clean up the stuff a bit.

Sorry for the off-topic!

Well, I've tried to copy the Huawei keyboard from the 2.2 "classic" stock rom to the Slim rom, but it only works in english.
Has anyone also tried this with sucess?

And, are you happy with GO Keyboard?

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
Hi Jota,

I'm happy with the Go keyboard. Works like a charm and best of all: it has the Dutch dictionary, so typing in Dutch makes it a bit easier and I can press on the specific word before I've entered the whole word. Even the voice-edit works well, meaning I can say something and the text I speak appears on the screen. Very fun way of entering tweets.