did anyone ever get flash 10.2 or 10.3 working and if so how help

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
I've been reading up on flash under android and I don't see how we can ever get flash working on these tablets. The reason is our CPU - Its a ARM11 (ARMv6) yet Adobe flash 10.x is only compiled for ARM Cortex chips (ARMv7). If you search for flash on ARM11 you'll find no one has managed to get it to work - Its like trying to run an Xbox 360 game on an original xbox - the code just isn't compatible. Sorry to break to everyone but I thought you should all know. I'm very disappointed as I really wanted BBC iplayer on my tablet (which needs flash).

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Wait... is this right? Have those of us looking for flash really simply overlooked this single piece of information? Or is flash supposed to work with these processors?

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
Please feel to verify it. Wikipedia shows arm11 which we have is version behind cortex and if you search for arm11 flash on google you'll find a dozen articles on it not working. Stupid thing is i think our processor has a very high clock speed for arm11 so its probably powerful enough to run it but adobe wont recompile for arm11.

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, I see what you mean. So everyone that's wanted flash on this device has been chasing a pipedream from the get go... think someone would have noticed.

It's cool though, most of the sites I hit don't use flash in the first place. And I intended to do more reading than anything anyhow.

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
I'll try and find the forum/thread, but I thought I had seen that Flash was going to be supported on higher end ARM 11 Procs, i.e. fast CPU's, like ours might be.
Maybe that why some can upgrade while most can't

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Disclaimer: Not tested, not even sure this is real but worth investigating should it be true as claimed. See the link posted below for details.

Flash player app hacked to run in armv6 - posted at xdadevelopers by sahilisburman

YES ITS TRUE
smile.gif

Some Chinese Developers of android mipad device have modded the original ADOBE FLASH 10.1 APP for android and made it compatible for most ARMv6 and ARMv7 ( arm 11 family ) devices.

the app is found to be working on most android devices with ARMv6 and ARMv7 phones like LG OPTIMUS ONE , XPERIA X8 , ZTE blade , Samsung prevail, etc..

Instructions:
1. Download and copy to sdcard.
2. Use a file manager and navigate to the apk, install it.
3. Reboot the phone and all done
smile.gif

Additional notes:
* Make sure to have "unknown sources" enabled on settings > applications.
* It won't work on Opera Mini.
* Works with both froyo and gingerbread (confirmed).
* Works best with dolphin browser HD

If you're daring enough to test and your tablet survives let us know if it works or not. Thanks

A good test is any of these sites - Adobe - Customer Showcase

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
flash player works, at least in my tablet, I can see the link on the adobe site, but its crashing after a few minutes

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
on the jeans video everything looks good, but after second 30 a message appears telling that this video it can't be played

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Looks like even the folks over on xda are reporting the same thing. Those that can successfully load it are getting crashes.

Sent from my Sytabex7

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
ok, but this is a progress then.... lets hope they can fix it

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
I'll be impressed if someone can work out how to get ARMv7 code working on an ARMv6. Its got to be some fairly heavy hacking of the assembly code to get it working and i'm not surprised it crashes!

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
at least I can enter into my banks account which needs the famous flash to open my account and see how much money do I have, before this I couldn't do it, now I can