Did I screw myself/

baspinall

Mar 6, 2011
Just curious. I just rooted my color nook using my 8GB sd card. So now I want o erase the card and use in "in"my nook. I have to reformat it but it doesn't seem that I will be able to bring it back to a full 8GB. Should I have used a 1GB card or something for the root process?

Brian

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You are fine Brian...first, remember to breathe! :)

Go into your settings on your NC Device Info...make sure the card is in the NC...unmount the card, then format it...it should restore the proper partition and you will be good to go.

baspinall

Mar 6, 2011
So if I put this SD card back in and boot my NC it will not mess something up? I'm a little new to this sorry.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Don't boot the NC with the flashed card in there. Remove the card, boot up, insert it, then unmount it. The card will be repartitioned and un-flashed at that point. I was annoyed when I rooted and turned my 4gb into a 39mb card, too.. As you've found out, Windows won't touch that partition,

baspinall

Mar 6, 2011
Just did what you said. Put it back on my laptop to erase. Still says I need to format which will turn my card into a 39mb card? Am I missing something ..... probably.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay...slow down

First, copy any data you want to save off the card onto your laptop, when that is done:

Boot up your NC WITHOUT the card in it
when booted, insert the card into the NC
Go into the device info in the settings
click on SD Card
Unmount SD card
Format SD card
move your data back onto it

baspinall

Mar 6, 2011
I guess this is where I am loosing you. The only data on the card is nooter & disc imager. When I go to open the sd card to copy those it says I have to format. When I open the format window it says that it will format the sd card to 39mb capacity.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay, since you have nothing you want to save (I was thinking pictures, and stuff like that)

Skip the moving files to your laptop part and do the rest.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Glad to hear you are up and working, but why use your camera? Were my instructions not incredibly simple and easy to use? It seems you are making things WAY more complicated than they need to be.