Difference between Herotab M802/APAD IMX515 & FS-805T A8

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone know what's the difference between Herotab M802/APAD IMX515 & FS-805T A8.
When I look at the spec they look identical to me. I find that FS-805T is US$50 cheaper than the Herotab (including shipping) but without a leathercase. I am thinking to get the FS-805T and wondering if I could get a leather case that fit it? Many thanks!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The difference in cost between the two tablets is partially in the quality of the components used and build quality. The teardown of the M802 I saw recommended the Apad over the M802. I am not sure how that affects user experience, so whether or not the price difference should be $50 is debatable.

They both have plenty of firmware issues right now. Audio quality is a issue on the Apad, not sure about the M802. I find it difficult to recommend either right now.

The Utopia Apad IMX515 ships direct from the manufacturer for $200 before shipping, but you will get returns on the Merimobiles purchase and English aftersales support: http://www.**************/product-f...-Tablet-Supports-Adobe-Flash-wholesalers.html

Pictures

Utopia Apad IMX515: http://utopiacn.com/eng/
Encore M802: http://img.shanzhaiben.com/gad/anku/
(Single Speaker)
1fgRml.jpg

FMbqWl.png

WYXg0.jpg

h1yLnl.jpg

S8Bkql.jpg

Mass Produced Generic White Label
(Dual Speakers)
63Mb7l.jpg

USR8Ql.jpg

gTA6hl.jpg

CW5ACl.jpg

More research, Chinese forums padbbs.net:
Internals of Utopia Apad IMX515
Encore (Anku) M802 Unit review
LCD QC issue on M802

Side by side internals comparison (prototypes)

Last edited:

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
Wow, that's a fast and detail reply. Thanks!

The FS-805T is probably a knockoff of the Utopia Apad IMX515, that's why it's $50 cheaper and has more issue.
I think I will go with the Utopia Apad (thanks for the link, was looking for one but couldn't find it). Do you know where can I get a decent leather case for it by any chance?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure where you can get a case actually...

Both are of shanzhai quality. I wouldn't say one can possibly be much better (or worse?) than the other.

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
I was looking at the Witstech A81E+ but the screen seems to be a bit small to me. I like the Apad 8" screen and the specs are good for me.

Do you have any recommendations for me? Any other 8"-10" tablet with android 2.2 in the price range $200~250?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Gah I messed up.

The M802 is another name for the Utopia IMX515. The other one has no name and is just a white box generic.

Correcting.

AliExpress Li Xin sells the dual speaker Utopia one

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There's 2 physical devices. The one by Utopia Shenzhen Technology (single speaker), and the generic whitebox (dual speaker).

Utopia Shenzhen Technology has also been rebranded as the Encore/Anku M802.

Doing more research and talking to a Utopia Shenzhen Technology representative.

Merimobiles seems to be selling the M802 = Utopia Shenzhen Technology one. I took a good look at the video this time.

Difference in the connector side and the opposite side of the tablet. That's what I can identify for now.

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
Would Li Xin's one be the single speaker version? In theory the two should be able to share firmware update right?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Both share the firmware updates because it's actually the same mainboard. Utopia is the original manufacturer. You will boot to the recovery menu and see this.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You have to check with Euogo. He has pictures of both in that listing.

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hi

About my search...

I may not have looked everywhere but a lot of places, even looked on chinese websites (padbbs.net) translated with google translate...:rolleyes:..but i think i never found a place where i could buy an utopia apad corresponding to those specifications: Shenzhen Utopia Technology Co., Ltd | Product ...in addition it seems, it doesn't exist anymore as specifications have changed on this page: Utopia????? | ?????? (battery is 2100mah :( or 2*2100..?) but same autonomy 4h :confused: and a webcam seems to appear) what's your opinion, is it still a good choice..? Or should i look for a good clone as the webcam isn't a must have for me, autonomy is more important i think.

Any insights or advices are welcome

Thanks in advance
regards

Ju