Difference between Herotab M802/APAD IMX515 & FS-805T A8

Oldman37

Oct 25, 2010
Would anyone know where MHK-802 single speaker Android 2.2 will fit?
It say Casing- Utopia Technology Take -apart casing, Front Back button, Side manu and Home buttons
CPU Freescale IMX515 800MHz Arm Cortex A8
Ram 512 MB DDR2
4gb micro SDHC class4
Support Flash10.1 APP2SD G-sensor
screen * inch 800x600 TFT resistive 3.5mm audio-out jack, 30 pin multifunction connector
Battery 3900mah ILP

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hello

i got me this one on Taobao it's M802 (seems to be an apad without any writings in the back), i've been advised by Lin Xin to buy from them.
Exactly the same as here: The cheapest Cortex-A8 tablet, less than $106 USD | M.I.C Digi

Hardware informations:
- Webcam/camera
- 1 speaker
- 2 screws
- Nothing written in the back

Software informations:
Model number: imx51_bbg
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.31.01012-g4f92f83-dirty root@taojixiong-desktop #83
Build number: imx51_bbg-eng 2.2 FRF85B eng.root.20110101.013652 test-keys
I have jittering on long press, should i try to modify tslib ?
Are they're better or newer firmwares ? And how to make a backup in case of problem ?

For the moment it's rooted and i've uninstalled few apps with Titanium Backup.
I also neutralized Phone.apk, Telephonyprovider.apk and Mms.apk by adding .BAK to them.

I also can't lock and turn off the screen with a button or widget (one i tested weren't working, it turns off but it doesn't restart i got a white screen), it only locks after x min (set in settings) and screen only goes darkest, not off.
Got an trick ?

Finally, i was willing using Overclock Widget so it somekind speedstepped, but it doesn't work i can only have 800 and 160 Mhz, is it possible to have something like 400/800 while screen on and 160/300 while screen off ?

By the way it's perfectly usable, even jittering is ok, i uses my nail, but if i can pull the best of it i'll be happy :)

Thanks in advance
Ju

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
tslib doesn't help. If you are in China, Shenzhen Hongda is performing repair services for correcting the touchscreen issue, I believe, at cost to you. There is a contact number for that on the Taobao you linked.

The screen off issue is a known bug. I am not sure if anyone figured out how to fix that.

As for setting CPU clockspeeds, I recommend setcpu. Scaling down the processor with screen off modes does not help much in this case because you cannot turn the screen off properly in the 8" IMX515 devices.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Be careful I purchased 2 of these from ***************, both burned up inside within 3 hours, I returned them In January, still no refund or replacement from Bernard at Shenzhen China Office, I am now out$175.00 x2 plus 40.00 shipping both of them back.

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

tslib doesn't help. If you are in China, Shenzhen Hongda is performing repair services for correcting the touchscreen issue, I believe, at cost to you. There is a contact number for that on the Taobao you linked.

The screen off issue is a known bug. I am not sure if anyone figured out how to fix that.
:( I'm kind of disappointed, i thought at least Herotab would be less concerned, by the way for the price it costed it's a lesser issue.
So ts_lib won't help, only changing capacitors...well i'm not yet ready to dismember and do that kind of things...! I can live with it, i've read it's improvable by calibrating with a stylus, i'll try.
In addition, on hardcoreforensics, i've read that adding tslib could reduce lifetime..as i think this device isn't made to last as long as an ipad, i may consider trying it after searching how much it reduces it's life.
I live in France so sending it back and resending it to here plus the repair would cost almost the price of the device, i'll see if i know a soldering iron artist in my relatives..!

As for setting CPU clockspeeds, I recommend setcpu. Scaling down the processor with screen off modes does not help much in this case because you cannot turn the screen off properly in the 8" IMX515 devices.
That's really a shame..i've tried setcpu but only 160 and 800, the 1st isn't usable while using the tablet..And is the screen off really unreachable...!?
Autonomy would so much gain..

Anyway, i wanted to test a low cost tablet to see if it would meet real needs, it does even with those little bugs, i'll use it until better low cost tablet come out.

I got one last question: is there a way to sync my google agenda..? i used scanpim for contacts, does something alike exists for the agenda..?

Thanks in advance

Alcassetta: thanks for the notice, i'm using it intensely for a week now so i guess i don't receive the same batch or model. Maybe it'll last 3 weeks, i'll give a feedback if so.