Different Kind of Issue with A500

Lee_Walk

Dec 30, 2013
Hello, my name is Jerry; I am new to this site and looking for some assistance. I have looked all over for an answer to this dilemma... I am NOT stuck on my ACER screen, nor the ANDROID screen; I am having more of a buggy issue. When I get the tablet on the home screen $home.JPG it will start to flash the media screen$Media.JPG, back and forth, back and forth; you get it. And when I tried the volume and power I get the updating$Android_updating.JPG, then triangle$AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg. If I try the other volume direction I get stuck on the fastboot to USB$Fastboot.JPG, left it the whole night; nothing. My question is what could be the problem here. The only other solution is to TRY and have it update from the external SD, problem is I can't load a ROM to the card cause my tablet is having a fit; and I switched to i(sore)Phone. I tried reset to factory from settings, but it won't initialize. It acts like I reset it, enter this, register that; but then continues to have the epileptic seizure. Last thing I did was instal ADW Launcher, had issues; removed it. This thing is my baby, I am going to try to use my friends tablet to load the SD with a ROM; and hopefully this will fix it. Anyone else had this issue? Keep in mind I load to home fine, no issue there. Thank you for your time, and hopefully I can return the favor in the future...

Lee_Walk

Dec 30, 2013
Are you referring to hold the power key, and the adjacent volume key, while turning orientation lock on and off? If so yes, that's where the Android Icon falling down is from. If you are referring to the power key and the opposing volume key, that is where the fastbooter is coming from.

Lee_Walk

Dec 30, 2013
I just got into sys recovery. "E:/dev/block/mmcblk1 does not exist" E:/failed to mount /mnt/sdcard (No such file or directory)

Edit: wiped cache, restored to factory. Found my silicone keyboard, hit "HOME" and as I edit this to say "so far so good" it flickers again...

Last edited:

Lee_Walk

Dec 30, 2013
Hey Hey! I got it to stop the seizures! I had to disable Acer Media, which wasn't easy. Am I the only A500 owner that had this problem? And I for some reason cannot connect to USB. So I can't root to install a custom rom. Tried to load different drivers, bought a new cable; nothing but MTP USB Device with (!). The OG OS isn't BAD, just I dont want to have to fight every time I reset my tab; not to mention the bloatware is always a negative. And for some reason, putting update.zip wont activate, on SD or external. I guess I will keep looking, do not want to start a thread when one is already here so. I guess I resolved this, to a point... Thanks Vampirefo