Different setup?

Burpen

Jun 21, 2011
Hello.

I just got an galaxy tab 10.1, and I am all new in the android world.

And I wonder, how it is working with the software.
I understand I have androdi 3.0.
But what is TouchWIZ?

Is there something else/better than TouchWIZ?
And how does these affect the performance? E.g. android 3.1 is better than 3.0 (I have been told :)), but what does TouchWIZ do?

As told, I am all new on this android/tablet stuff, so if someone can explain me (1) the basics about how it works, (2) how the different things affect performance and (3) what is your recommended set up, and how to update to this...

Regards
JPL

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
Buden, welcome to th android tablet world. I am not sure how to answer some of your questions as it can be set up to suit your needs. I usually set up each of the screen to performa different function...the home screen is set to all the things I use daily such as the e-mail widget, calculator, e-mail, browser,google talk, usa today etc. There is one screenset up for entertainment, one for work related programs one for pictures, etc.

As far as using it, to put an ap any screen you hold your finger on the screen until the aps come up with a small pic of your screens at the top. If you want an ap on a particular screen then you press and hold the ap and move it onto the screen you choose. If you want a widget you highlight the widgets and do the same thing...hold and drag on to the screen of choice. Use that back button to get back to the hom screen. You then can move the aps and widgets within the screen by holding a dragging. If you accidently put it on the wrong screen you can either hold and drag to the wste basket that appears at the top right or hold swipe it to the right or left as if you are going off the screen and it will move than adjacent screen. If you do not have 3.1 the you are either not in the U.S. as the ones shipped in teh U.S. came with 3.1.

TouchWIZ is just an overlay to Android by Samsung to make the experience more user friendly than stock android. It ahs unique features and different widgets for your screens and other items.

Tell us what you want to do with the device and we can steer you in the right direction for aps and other tips.

To downoad aps you need to go to the market and select them and then press intall. Most of the aps will work, bu the best for honeycomb specify that they are compatible.

With honeycomb you really do not have to worry about performance as it does a farily good job of managing memory and aps.

Hope this helps a little.

Burpen

Jun 21, 2011
thanks for the answer. I found out that I had 3.1, and not 3. And I also need to use the tab a bit more, to find out what it can do and what my needs are:)