Difficulties accessing Internet

libertas

Jun 30, 2012
For some strange reason, my Android 4.0 ICS tablet is no longer able to access the Internet. First, via wifi, tried it in two distinct networks. Then later, I tried to connect it via cable to my home router via dhcp. It could not. Still, the tablet gets an IP number in both cases.

I don't know how this happened, if it is a route problem or a dns problem or other. Tried to install a terminal to check a route command, but it is not available (at least to me). So I ask what can I do to solve this issue? Restore original configuration? Other?
Is there a way to check if dhcp is working? how to check route? how to change it?

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
this happend to you with all your devices? like your laptop, phone, or just with the tablet?

libertas

Jun 30, 2012
this happend to you with all your devices? like your laptop, phone, or just with the tablet?

It's only with the tablet.

When connecting over ethernet, I could manage to reach outside Internet when setting a static IP, configuring netmask, dns and gateway.
But can't reach Internet with dhcp, either on wifi or ethernet.

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
It's only with the tablet.

When connecting over ethernet, I could manage to reach outside Internet when setting a static IP, configuring netmask, dns and gateway.
But can't reach Internet with dhcp, either on wifi or ethernet.

try to flash your tablet with another roms and see if it work

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
You know,

I had a man bring his laptop to me today. He had the same complaint. Turned out that his internet card was turned off. Have you checked as to whether this was the case?

Go into settings, go into wifi, see if your wifi is turned on. Rarely, it may be necessary that you'll have to reset your tablet at this point after you turn the wifi on.

Hope this helps.