Difficulties Flashing Tablet

jyuster

Dec 24, 2010
Hello:

I am trying to flash my Zenithink ZT-180 with the new firmware in order to get the US Android marketplace. When I try to do this I get the following error message "no open stdiofile!" Can anyone give me any suggestions? Alternatively, is there another way around this problem?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
1) don't know if you have a micro sd card inserted but you will need it to load apps
2) are you using the usb cable connecting up to the OTG connection, i know that works
3) look at video "zenithink usa" for instructions to flash rom

jyuster

Dec 24, 2010
Hi:
Yes, I do have a card installed. It came with 2 and I upgraded to 16.
Yep, I used the USB to try to make the flash.
Yes, I looked at the Zenithink video.

I have become convinced it is something I will have to live with. However, I have read and discovered alternative ways to download apps so I am very happy!
Thanks for the advice.

unlooper

Dec 8, 2010
Had the same problem. I got a video from youtube that solved my problem.
This link has no talking or hardly anything. Follow it and pause it and take it in a few dozen times and it will sink in sooner or later. But remember this , with the new 1030 file you mnust (1)start the BurnTool (2) Hold the home button and start button for 4 seconds then let off (3) Plug in the epad with the mini USb cord (4) then in the leftvhand corner a green light will appear. But watch the video and you will have it flashed in no time !!! Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also what is your alternate for getting apps? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

nowayjose

Dec 27, 2010
This link has no talking or hardly anything. Follow it and pause it and take it in a few dozen times and it will sink in sooner or later. But remember this , with the new 1030 file you mnust (1)start the BurnTool (2) Hold the home button and start button for 4 seconds then let off (3) Plug in the epad with the mini USb cord (4) then in the leftvhand corner a green light will appear. But watch the video and you will have it flashed in no time !!! Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have attempted this procedure numerous times on an XP PC and a windows 7 laptop and it simply.
Does.
Not.
Work.

If I'm lucky enough to get a green status, I hit start in the burntool and I get endless repeats of

"UpdateFileState: 0×10000000 1
ReadFile: 0×130"

Or, since I did a factory reset, I get

ReadFile 0x158

Over and over.

The progress bar never gets above 0%.

On my windows 7 PC it just identifies as an Android phone once it boots up, and then the green status goes away.

I'm trying to just get the thing ready to unload on ebay, but honestly, I'm out of patience with trying to make the firmware upgrade. Anyone who seems to have this problem doesn't seem to get it solved, either. People just keep pointing them to the above video that already doesn't work.

And of course, since I've done the factory reset, the device no longer boots into Android - or maybe it does, I stop waiting after 15 minutes or so, so I don't know for sure.

I am very unhappy with the Zenithink.

jyuster

Dec 24, 2010
This link has no talking or hardly anything. Follow it and pause it and take it in a few dozen times and it will sink in sooner or later. But remember this , with the new 1030 file you mnust (1)start the BurnTool (2) Hold the home button and start button for 4 seconds then let off (3) Plug in the epad with the mini USb cord (4) then in the leftvhand corner a green light will appear. But watch the video and you will have it flashed in no time !!! Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also what is your alternate for getting apps? Just curious.

Hi:

Here are 2 that I use all the time. The first is called 1Mobile Market, another is Handango Apps, and finally there is Slide. Between these 3 I can get what I need.

Thanks for the video link. I tried that and it did not work. As I said I am not unhappy with the alternatives and other than this problem the machine has worked perfectly.