Dilemma

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
I bought the 8GB A500 from bestbuy on cyber monday. I like the tablet but found one dead pixel on top right corner when the tablet is held horizontally. I've been calling best buy a few times over the past few weeks to see if they have one in stock so I can exchange it. But since the cyber monday, they no longer carry the 8gb one. I have until 1/24/2012 to return but I just want to exchange it.....Any suggestions? Thanks.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
It must be more than a single pixel out, I have a couple on mine and can barely see them so if you can easily see it you probably have a group out.

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
i don't know for sure but it figures that they have to keep some RMA stock for an amount of units they sell. (you can try contacting acer directly).
anyways, i ordered the 8GB at the same sale and since they were out of stock very quickly i got the 32Gb insted at the same price...(although it was a pain in the ass until i got it).
i think that if you keep pressuring them long and hard enough they will replace it.
try the executive support, they were the only one i found useful.

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
Yea, I checked Acer's dead pixels policy, it has to be more than 1 pixel in the center area before they replace it. I have found only one black dead pixel as I've run multiple tests.

It must be more than a single pixel out, I have a couple on mine and can barely see them so if you can easily see it you probably have a group out.

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
Congrats on scoring the 32GB version, I've read about this. I tried to convince the best buy phone support to replace it with the 16GB but they said that they can only take $60 off the 16GB version plus it's also OOS. How can I contact the executive support?

i don't know for sure but it figures that they have to keep some RMA stock for an amount of units they sell. (you can try contacting acer directly).
anyways, i ordered the 8GB at the same sale and since they were out of stock very quickly i got the 32Gb insted at the same price...(although it was a pain in the ass until i got it).
i think that if you keep pressuring them long and hard enough they will replace it.
try the executive support, they were the only one i found useful.

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
+16122920074
+16122920076
+16122915421

i could only retrieve these numbers from my log, sorry i cant tell you which of them worked for me i don't remember.
try google...

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for your help!

+16122920074
+16122920076
+16122915421

i could only retrieve these numbers from my log, sorry i cant tell you which of them worked for me i don't remember.
try google...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Unless they will exchange it or let you upgrade to the 16gig version for a small fee, I'd just
hang on to it, and ebay it just before the new Acer A700 hits the market (second quarter of this year).

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Mine are brite pixels so probably not as distracting because I can only see them while it boots.