Disapearing pictures??

Needtoknow

Oct 3, 2011
What is happing? When I download a picture it says the download is complete. They show up in the download folder in the ES file explorer and in gallery. But when I shut it down and turn it back on again. The pictures have magically disapeared.

I have a MID7125

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I actually just had the same problem. I found out that if a .nomedia file is present in the folder (Like if you choose hide folder in quick pick) these pictures will just delete themselves. This problem only started recently but quick pick app gives a warning when trying to hide folders now something like "Cannot perform android media server will delete pictures". Not too sure what it meant but when manually adding .nomedia file I had all my folder of icons (pngs) deleted :(

Needtoknow

Oct 3, 2011
:confused: I don't completely understand so the quick pic app fix it? I looked up quick pic and is it a picture viewer?

I had all of that typed up yesterday. Today I downloaded a video and when I watch it to see if it worked it played just fine. Now that I'm at home to watch it I can't find it.

Please tell me how to fix this

Thanks

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
:confused: I don't completely understand so the quick pic app fix it? I looked up quick pic and is it a picture viewer?

I had all of that typed up yesterday. Today I downloaded a video and when I watch it to see if it worked it played just fine. Now that I'm at home to watch it I can't find it.

Please tell me how to fix this

Thanks

Make sure download folder DOES NOT contain a folder called ".nomedia"

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Needtoknow

Oct 3, 2011
No folder called that in there just four apks. I have dolphin HD and GOLauncherEX could that have anything to do with it?

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It's a file, not a folder. You must enable viewing of system and hidden files in yiur file manager, there's an option in ES File Explorer settings for instance.

Needtoknow

Oct 3, 2011
I found the (Show the hidden files whose name start with a'.') and clicked it but still can't find it

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I found the (Show the hidden files whose name start with a'.') and clicked it but still can't find it

Then it seems you may have another problem... If it's the external card, you may want to remove it and use your computer to reformat it so you make sure it's OK.