Disappearing Play Music

Ying_Ko

Jan 13, 2013
Has anyone an idea? My Wife was using her Nook HD+, after the update to include Google Play and, somehow, the Play Music app / icon vanished off of her system. :confused: She didn't tell me right away, but kept downloading the app from Google Play. It would say it was installing, but didn't show up.:mad: So, she has everything, but the Play Music on the machine. I'm not certain what to do with it. Had she said something right away, it might have just been an icon issue. :eek: Somehow, this is my fault. HELP! :eek:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi there, did you check the app drawer? It may just be an icon issue where it isn't on the main screen but may be with the apps. Sometimes you need to reboot to have newer apps populate the app drawer. Try that first and see if you can find it.

Ying_Ko

Jan 13, 2013
Hi there, did you check the app drawer? It may just be an icon issue where it isn't on the main screen but may be with the apps. Sometimes you need to reboot to have newer apps populate the app drawer. Try that first and see if you can find it.

Hi,

Thank you for the response, but it isn't with the apps either. A very odd behavior.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try going into settings and finding All Apps. then see if you can locate and uninstall Play Store from there. After it is uninstalled you can try reinstalling it.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Mine has a diff. issue.
My Google Music app was acting or playing strange, well NOT playing at all.
It sees all the audio files including on my external hdds but not playing it.
It plays the first file that i chose on the playlist, then stops and then jumps on the next and so on just playing the file without a single note or sound.
I already tried several ways: Force stop, Resetting the unit, restarting the said app by turning off and on or even uninstalling the updates and re install it again but the same problem is still there.

What seems to be the problem?

ACER A500, almost 2 years used.

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Mine has a diff. issue.
My Google Music app was acting or playing strange, well NOT playing at all.
It sees all the audio files including on my external hdds but not playing it.
It plays the first file that i chose on the playlist, then stops and then jumps on the next and so on just playing the file without a single note or sound.
I already tried several ways: Force stop, Resetting the unit, restarting the said app by turning off and on or even uninstalling the updates and re install it again but the same problem is still there.

What seems to be the problem?

ACER A500, almost 2 years used.

This is probably due to a corruption of the file or an incompatible file format.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
This is probably due to a corruption of the file or an incompatible file format.

Probably not, because if I select only by individual and it played but if using by Playlist to play automatically like a jukebox, it doesn't work.

nukem777

May 10, 2013
Same here...from the Home screen hold your finger down on an empty space until a tab bar scrolls up on the bottom of your Nook. Then tab on Widgets, scroll thru until you find Google Music and drag that to your main screen. You can then access your music on Google Play Music. This caused me hours of confusion. Eventually had to read the manual - which I should have done in the first place:)