Disappointed in the tab2.

micksan

Oct 27, 2012
I had & still have the orginal samsung 7. with the android 2.3 A bit bulkier. One thing it goes have the android 4.04 does not have , is a email contact list. A month or so ago Samsung had a special on the student version , so I decided to use it as a excuse to upgrade. . Played with it a bit , but did not try out the Gmail setup . We are getting ready to take a trip to Puerto Rico on the 4th . Decided to set it up with the apps I wanted. Found out that this tablet does not have a contact list for the Gmail.We use the group list when we are traveling to send updates to everyone at one time.
I think I have loaded , and uninstalled half of the apps. For most of the day I have looked for a solution App. If it looked good then it would not load onto my system , even tried to install yahoo mail. In short I am at wits end.
The only solution will to take the old unit on the trip . That is unless one of you have come up with a relieable back door.
Thanks in Advance

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The G-Mail app, (and any/all of the other mail clients) have never had the ability to do groups. However you have one earlier version and one recent version of Android and the "contacts" app may have changed names to "people". It certainly should be there.

Last edited:

micksan

Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I just double checked. On the newer tab , I can nopt find anything that remotely resembles a contact list. I switched to all of my G-mail accounts with the same results. I feel that Google was in such a rush to get the 4.0 out that they overlooked this basic item.
I have the trail "maildroid " installed . Although better it has a lot of bugs when it comes to the contact list editing. I have addresses for people I have never heard of. To be fair I sent them a e-mail asking some question to try and clear it up. If there is a wrong button to push I'll find it.
To be on the safe side, and time running out till our tip, I decided to try out "Profimail" . It transfer my total contact list including groups . I also can select which mail format to use to compose , theirs, Gmail , or any other mail format on the tablet. Only bug I see so far is that if I use another mail format then I can not install into the CC or BCC address , which I like to do.