DISCUSSION - Development Index and Root Utility

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You need to make a backup, and wait til it's been checked before you flash anything.
Also you should be able to boot into recovery with key combo, I recommend not flashing anything until you can do this with ease.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
Wow, finally, after hours and hours I was able to get into recovery. It turns out all I have to do is press the Back Button(the big silver button on the front) + the Power Button
for like 3-5 seconds and release them before the coby logo appear then all I had to do is waiting a few seconds and the android logo warning will appear then press the Back Button
and the recovery/root menu will show up. You can control the menu using the Volume Buttons to move up and down and the Power Button to select.

I can root my tablet normally using the procedures in that thread, right? but what about cwm? I have a A10 processor ,so is still won't work? and if I tried it and something happened
can I use the back up that I made to recover my tablet?

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
ummm, by the way, it says in the instructions for installing the drivers:
If you want your tablet to be recognized by the PC so you can root it

when I connect my tablet to my pc I can enter the files in the tablet and everything so that means my tablet has already been recognized by my pc, right? so do I still have install the ADB?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
ummm, by the way, it says in the instructions for installing the drivers:

when I connect my tablet to my pc I can enter the files in the tablet and everything so that means my tablet has already been recognized by my pc, right? so do I still have install the ADB?
The PC recognizing the internal space and the Micro SD doesn't mean a thing when it comes to rooting. You still need to install the drivers mentioned.

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
big thanks guys, I finally rooted my tablet and made a dump and I posted it in the Requesting Firmware Dumps thread. so know what should I do?

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
ya but I don't think I can just download and install it like that because they say that it will irrecoverably brick my tablet since it's a generation 3 coby and built in 2013.
so Traveller1701 said I have to make a dump recovery, copy the files and post them in Requesting Firmware Dumps thread, and I did that, so know I am trying to figure out
the next step, whether they will check the files I posted and fix them or something else maybe.

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
by the way, after I installed the driver now my computer can't recognize the storage space in my tablet and I can't access the files in it with my computer even after
uninstalling the drivers nothing changed. so is this because my tablet is rooted? and is there is a way to access my files with my computer?

ya and one more thing how can I use the Bluetooth on my tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't use BT so no ideal on how to use it, most likely you need to pair to another device.
I don't know about the driver issue either, when I get time, I will check your dump.
Just flashing gapps can soft brick your device, some tablets don't have enough space in their system to hold gapps.
So what happens its part of gapps gets installed and no permission is set due to lack of space so tablet bootloops, called software brick meaning you can't boot up just loop.
Make sure you have enough space before anything is flashed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Tawer

Nov 9, 2013
umm, before I rooted my tablet I have rest it to factory so now I have more than 4GB internal space and almost 2GB in Data Partition so this more than enough right?