disgo 6000 connected to router but wont connect to internet???

middaz

Dec 25, 2011
i got the tablet connected to router with password and it stays connected all the time but i cannot access ANYTHING on the internet i even tried to log on to router (192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.7 (this is what the ip address is on the wifi connection)) but that does not work either...

any help???

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Double check your router security settings (192.168.1.1) from a hardwired (cat5/RG45) computer and make sure your firewall is allowing internet access on wireless.

jessieobland

Dec 26, 2011
middaz I'm having the exact same problem. Have you managed to sort this yet? If so, it'd be great if you could tell me how you did it please!

gje76

Dec 30, 2011
Hi,

Same problem here too..

I have checked the firewall and seems to be connected fine. I can see the tablet on my router (Thomson) and is being allowed.
I have also tried both WEP and WPA (booklet says to try WSA, but not find any and all other items work off the WEP).

Have sent a message to the help at Disgo and will let you know if no other Genius can assit..

I assume we are all the same and have full bars for WIFi at the top of the tablet, but on going to browser "Webpage can not be found/opened" - simple google webpage.

Cheers and in hope..

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I had this problem before, just change the router inbthe security from wpa, wpa2, to wep and you can surf the net, look for firewalls also

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

glennjolly

Dec 31, 2011
i updated disgo 7900 to android 2.3 from the disgo site..
since then i cannot connect through wifi (i can by ethernet)
it worked fine before on version 2.2
in settings it can see my router trys to connect but doesnt,,,doesnt even show icon in bar
anyone have any ideas...
ps i am not using wep​

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
wep is the one to use, wpa and wpa2 are more difficult to connect cause its another kind of encryption code, you should go and try again on wep

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

ninkynonk

Jan 14, 2012
I've tried with 2 separate Disgo tablets and I get no joy and the Disgo helpless ignore me, I've tried settings and updates and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this thing working. If anybody has any joy I would love to hear any tips please

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

dell

Jan 19, 2012
just a thought but mine worked better after changing router from b/g/n to b/g (must add, was an Archos 101 and router is BT home hub 3)

ninkynonk

Jan 14, 2012
Mine is talktalk and tried changing setting but no joy, thanks for the idea though :)

dell

Jan 19, 2012
Mine is talktalk and tried changing setting but no joy, thanks for the idea though :)

Sorry it didn't help, had fingers crossed for you lol, sent my Archos back in the end cos although that helped it still lost connection every few minutes and drove me insane!, I take it you have tried all the usual changing wireless channels etc?

ninkynonk

Jan 14, 2012
Yeah tried everything I can think of, even updating to 2.3 but need internet for that it says

dell

Jan 19, 2012
just a thought, is there no way to download update to your laptop then onto SD card in tab?

ninkynonk

Jan 14, 2012
Done that but won't install as says it needs connection to web!!! :s