Disgo 7000 big disapointment

mitch45

Dec 29, 2011
I was delighted when my girlfriend bought me a one of your tablet PC's for Christmas. however having had a couple of days to use it I am now very disappointed. there are several issues that range from annoying to making the item completely useless.

1)the touch screen is very unresponsive. Though for a cheap tablet this is expected to some degree.

2) there is no app market instead there is getjar, which would be fine, if it wasn’t for the fact that only about 1 out of every 10 apps on will actually download, even such simple apps as facebook will not download.

3) no flash, android 2.3 is meant to support adobe flash, but this is once again one of the many apps that wont download.

4) this is perhaps the most puzzerling, there is a micro SD card reader on the device, yet all app data, pictures and videos by default save to a folder on the devices internal memory called SDcard. whilst the actual micro sd card called SDcard1 sits with nothing ever being stored on it. the only way to even move photos to it is to copy them one by one. there isn’t even the ability to copy all photos at once.

all these issues means that the my disgo 7000, is basically a very expensive way to play angry birds, as this is about all that will work reliably on it.

if there are any ways to get round or fix these problems I would love to know.

I have emailed them to see if there is anything they can do but I suspect well be trying to return it.

mitch

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mitch, sorry to hear you're having problems with the new tablet. I'm going to move your thread over to the Sylvania Tablets forum for you. I think you'll have a better chance of finding someone who can help you over there. Good luck!

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
hmm, it seems that all the new versions of the older tablet ones suffer this kind of problems, so lets begin:

1.- the touch screen as you mention its a little kinky, so, try to handle them with your fingernail and it'll be fine after you get used to it
2.- the flash player has been discussed a lot lately, yes it doesn't have a direct solution to it, but I have mentioned so many times that there is hope with it, just search over google for a "working browser with flash player", the one that works 100% for me its "puffin web browser", it would come with flash player that works, and it really works, unfortunately there isn't a direct link to get it, so you'll have to search, make sure you download the latest version
3.- I don't have that problem that you mention on your thread, about copy the photos..... I have the original model sytabex7a, and from the beginning I didn't had those problems that you mention
4.- yes we don't have the android market on it, but it can be installed in different forms, also discuss a lot of time over here, read the threads over here to learn how to install the android market to this tablets

like cfrockit mention a while ago, this tablets has potential, although they are a little bit challenging, so the key here is to have patience, you would learn a lot
from them, so give it a try, I can understand your frustration, however, you'll have to know that this tablets are not an ipad, or xoom, or some alike, yes they are cheap, and to be honest? for me are worth it, I bought it for $99, over a 9 months ago, and I don't regret it, of course I would love to get an Acer iconia, or the Samsung galaxy, but I don't feel the urge to get one of the mentioned before; so get a bit of patience and try to solve the problems that you mention in your post(and they haved been resolved for a lot of people who has this tablets, sylvania or disgo model are the same), if you have to reinstall the os, go for it, but be careful; after that you'll see what kind of tablet you have at the moment

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

mitch45

Dec 29, 2011
HI Jv,

thank you so much for your replies, it would seam there are ways to get round the issues ive had, and i have had to do similure things with phone ive owned in the past both adroind widows mobile and sybiant, but this time ive desided to return the tablet and pay abit extra to get one that will require less tinkering to get it sorted.

but once again thank you.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
no prob m8, have fun with the new one

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet