Disgo 7000 Problems

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
I didn't do enough research before buying my Disgo 7000. I bought one last week and it arrived today. When it arrived I discovered it does not have the android marketplace and I don't seem to be able to download much at all from the pre installed getjar app. I am new to all of this kind of stuff and wondered if anyone can help. I need like a idiots guide as my knowledge of this sort of thing is 0. Is there anything I can do to make this Tablet better? I would like to give it a chance as I think for the money it is a bargain and could probably do more. If anyone can help with any advice then that would be brilliant.

Moussa

May 30, 2011
Find a way to root it and install clockwordmod recovery
download google apps package.
reboot into clockwordmod and select choose zip from sd card.
then select the google apps package and hit install then yes
reboot and your tablet will have the android market gmail, and all other google apps.

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
I've tried finding a way to root it but can't. Any ideas where to look?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Is there a reputable place you can send these do nothing tablets to have them rooted and have a new ROM installed?
All my tablets are fine but my brother had a turd MID tablet that could probably be much better with a new ROM but neither he or I would have a clue on how to root it or install a new ROM. It would be worth it to me as a gift to him to send it out to someone who will do it and not rip me off to get the tablet working.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Ashman, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Sylvania Tablets forum for you. Someone there may be able to help you make that tablet better. Good luck!

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
Ok, onykage. I'm gonna go for it. I have to get an SD card first. Will post when hopefully done.

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks Spider, are they the same thing?

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
I've been told about superoneclick. Is this any good and if so does anyone have a direct link. I can't find one.

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
I dont seem to be able to access the memory card on my tablet. It shows that its there but I can't get to it. I can't move apps over either. Don't know if this is relevant but, when I'm online I keep getting prompts saying that " this site is available as a app on iPhone" shouldn't it say for android?

Bob1942

Jan 26, 2012
DIFFERENT PROBLEM

On my second new Disgo 7000. Problem is I have a router & booster here secured by code,Disgo will not link to either,shows,scanning,connecting then disconnected Strange thing it connects to a neighbours unsecured router,appears to not be sending code or not sending correctly,I've had 8 other WiFi devices connected previously with the code.

Ashman79

Jan 23, 2012
That's odd. Mine has connected ok to mine. I think these disgo 7000's are cheap for a reason.

mre123

Mar 4, 2012
Goto home in file manager and select mnt folder............then sdcard1. Your card data will be there.