Disgo 7000 Problems

jacksonliam

Mar 6, 2012
Yes, I got mine for £50 from play.com
Things so far:
-Gingerbreak app doesn't seem to root
-Super 1 click does root ok. Requires a Windows PC and USB debugging enabled.
-Install Launcher to get a shortcut to turn usb debuging on.
-Steps here to install market works: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-rooted-my-pd-8-supernova-dlx.html#post175399
-Market 3.4.4 Crashes when opening (or on starting download). Market 1.8.8 Always gives 'Download Failed'.
-SlideMe is a better 'alternative market' than GetJar.
-dont use the instructions which require replacing framework.jar - It soft bricked my tablet. (Turn off, Hold "H button on edge + button below screen + power" to reflash to stock)

-AFAIK Theres not much point rooting because there's nothing you can do once you're rooted. No custom roms/enhancements.

-It plays AVI's and 720p MKV's well, Even AC3 audio. The 1080p samples I've tried crash the 'movie player' app. Playing movies to the TV with miniHDMI cable work Well. Other video player apps I've tried don't appear to make use of the HW acceleration.
-Skype works well for audio calls, no video support. I couldn't find a headset where the mic worked, may only support built in mic.
-Mounting SD cards and USB sticks is random to what error message you might get and if you might be able to get to your files. It might decide it likes your memory stick then the next day decide it's "Damaged".
-I got flash installed (tried 10.1, 10.2 and 11 armv6 versions) but 10 crashed browser and 11 didn't work.

-I assumed it would have bluetooth, It doesn't... Lack of GPS is also annoying, cant use bluetooth GPS (for obvious reasons). If you work out how to give it bluetooth tell me and I'll find you and hug you.
-No Multi-Touch. Screen fairly unresponcive to finger, but using a fingernail or pointy stylus (like those for nintendo DS) works very well. Its alright for drawing/handwritten notes.
-Angry birds and similar games run quite well, 3D games seem to crash. No Zooming on angry birds/similar games because of no multi-touch, makes game playing a deal breaker.

-USB mice/keyboards work well.
-Streaming SD Live TV over wifi from my mediaportal box (using aMPdroid app) works on second try every time. Its quite good for watching TV Actually! If someone finds a video player that works with HW acceleration and supports opening RTSP links from aMPdroid - Free hugs for you!

-Battery lasts for 2 days straight with screen off doing nothing! about 50 mins when streaming TV, full brightness.

Overall its okay for 50GBP delivered, brand new. (what I paid play.com) - I think the only use I can think of it is a portable video player though.

Last edited: