Display types

Angrydog

Apr 28, 2012
I keep seeing ips mentioned about the display on a tablet.
What does it all mean and which display should I get?

Ive seen LCD, lvds (or something) do I'm a bit baffled

Thanks

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, display types covers a few different things
1 screen resolution- the higher the numbers of pixels (eg 1024x768) the better the image quality on the screen. Hd display is 1080, super hd is 2160.
2 screen type- there are two main types of scren , resistive touch & capacitive touch. Capacitive touch is far more responsive than resistive which means you don't need to press hard on the screen to get it to register a response like you do with resistive screens. Ips capcitive means you get a greater degree of visibilty on your screen when looking at it from an angle. If you have flat screen tv you know that the tighter the angle you're looking at the screen from , the harder it is to see. Ips means you can view the screen from virtually any angle upto 180 degrees.
Both screen types have what is called multi touch capability. This means you can touch the scren in more than one place at the same time. On resistive this is normally two point touch, used for pinch and zoom on webpages mainly but also typing on screen. Capacitive screens have much more ability such as five or ten point touch. This is again used for pinch and zoom, typing but also makes gaming much more accessible.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet