DLNA AVI player?

bjblackmore

Jun 5, 2011
Hi,

Does any one know of a DLNA app that can play AVI files? My Asus transformer came with MyNet, and I've installed 2player, which both work fine to steam media to my Samsung TV, but playing AVI videos fails. I have a portable hard drive that I carry around videos on, for when I'm travelling, such as Dexter, Lost, etc. But would also like to be able to watch when at home!

Can't seem to find an app that plays AVI files, and is also DLNA compatible!

Any help or suggestions much appreciated

Ben

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Aug 8, 2010
If your tv is wifi capable, or if you have a wifi capable/ready blu-ray player, try installing Nero Media Home on your PC and use it to stream AVI's direct from your PC to your TV. I have an LG TV with an LG BD-670 blu-ray player. My Blu-ray is wifi ready and will decode/play ALL popular video formats... And the LG blu-ray player came with a Nero Media Home disc in the package. I bought my second BD-670 from Walmart.com for $160, worth every penny...

LG BD670 Video Players - 3D-Capable Blu-ray Disc

Here is a link to LG's site that shows all the specs of the BD-670. Take a look under the specs tab, specifically the line that is labeled "Home Link", those are the formats that can be played by the player by the blu-ray player. This is definitly the easiest route to go. It beats doing alot of converting, burning, or even transferring of video files. The player also does USB hosting, you can plug your portable hard drive directly into the player and go. With this particular player, there is no need to even involve your tablet.

Last edited: