Dlna player

Trixiem

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys what do you guys recommend for a dlna remote player. I couldn't get andromote to work with amp 12. And i can't seem to find the all share program.

dsolar

Feb 21, 2011
Mac OS DLNA Servers I'm testing (Twonky Server, Orb, Majestic, Playback, MediaLink). I test media streaming from the Servers for playback ON the NC.

Twonky Mobile (not twonky Mobile Server) worked best for me. It played Movies, Music, and Photos from Twonky Server, Majestic, and Playback). Music only from Orb

UPnPlayer worked as well. But I did not like the UI and playlist process. And it locked up when I tried to play/view photos. It played Movies, Music, and Photos from Twonky Server, Majestic, and Playback). Music only from Orb. Best thing about UPnPlayer is that it let's you choose which APP will actually Play the media (i.e. stock music player or Doubletwist, Stock Video or Rockplayer, etc.)

2Player - Could see all Servers. But could not present media folders from several for them. I was able to play music from Orb and Playback. If you only want music, the interface was my favorite.

EML UPnP - I didn't like this one so I did not mess around with it much. But it was able to see most of the Media Servers. Appeared to be Music only.

Hope this helps