Dnld apps without WIFI connexion

Feb 6, 2012
Hi

I recieved a WonderMedia WM8650 7inc tablet as a gift. I don't have a WIFI connexion, only a standard internet connexion via a lan cable.
I tried to download free apps from App Market unsuccessfully. They report that the wifi account is not valid or something alike.

How can I download apps with my internet access ?

Also, there's a OfficeSuite Pro icon on the desktop but it only leads to a telephone book. I must install the whole suite I presume ?

Don't make it too hard on me, I'm a perfect newbie !!

Thanks

J

jimbo7630

Will your ISP supply you with a free Router, most do, that would solve your WiFi access problem.

Edit: otherwise you COULD buy a router, NOT the best solution !

Feb 6, 2012
I have found a way to do it.

1.- download the apk on a usb key with your pc
2.- plug the key in the tablet
3.- click on the apk to install it on the tablet

io5150

Feb 5, 2012
Hi

I recieved a WonderMedia WM8650 7inc tablet as a gift. I don't have a WIFI connexion, only a standard internet connexion via a lan cable.
I tried to download free apps from App Market unsuccessfully. They report that the wifi account is not valid or something alike.

How can I download apps with my internet access ?

Thanks

I had bought one of these off Craigslist locally (eGlide 2 - 4GB). Did yours come with a small connector box that has 2 USB and one ethernet port? If so, you can connect to your lan connection through the box (which my preferred method as the wifi was spotty at best in my experience) with a CAT5 cable. The tablet I had 2.2 on it and wouldn't connect to the official android market (I believe you need 2.3 or higher or a hack to make it work). The default appcenter wasn't very good, but was able to connect to the Amazon App Market with it. Once you get your connection running, browse to Install Amazon® Appstore and follow the instructions there to connect the tablet to their app market (You'll need an amazon account - but it's free and give's you a ton of free apps to download and install - not sure about paid for apps as I didn't purchase any). If you don't have the connector box, I am unsure where you would go from here.

It works great as a little reader (using Aldiko free), light web browsing and game playing (turn off the wifi when not browsing and increase your battery life). But I ended up selling it on craigslist for what I paid for it and ordered a Novo 7 Aurora as I wanted something with the 4.0, more power, HDMI out and access to the official android market.

Hopefully my meager experience with it can be of use to you.

David