Do I need to upgrade Android System? and How do I do it??? HELP!!

efallo

Dec 27, 2011
We purchased a SYTAB10ST sylvania tablet for my son. He's so excited but I can't seem to put anything on it! It currently has the android DG 2.20. From what I've picked up on, I need to upgrade to 2.3 and then I will be able to do everything he wants to be able to do...like angry birds, etc. We have droid phones so we were hoping to download the same apps that he is used to. Frustration is at a high point, I've updated it twice through their system. It says I have version 2 (whatever that means) in the upper right hand corner of the update screen. I do have a minisd card for extra memory. Thanks so much for any assistance!!

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
You will find that most apps will work just fine on 2.3. One thing to note as well though, these tablets don't have a multi-touch screen. At least the SYSTAB10ST does not. Angry Birds works great once you load it, but you cannot zoom in and out by pinching like you can on your phone. There is no zoom since there is no multi-touch.

There are a handful of ways to load apps that aren't in the SlideMe market (such as Angry Birds). You can back them up from your phone onto an SD card with Astro or Titanium Backup and then load the SD card into the tablet. There are a couple of file managers on these tablets that will let you browse to your SD card and then click them to install. Another method that people realy like is the Amazon Appstore. This has everything the Google Market does and has worked well for a lot of people. Another method is to root your tablet and install the Google Market. This does require a little more configuration to get the whole market though. See the thread here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/27080-sytab10st-root-access-google-apps-market.html