Do NOT purchase a Pipo M3 P102 10.2" Tablet

djpleasure

Oct 8, 2012
I would strongly advise against purchasing a Pipo M3 P102 10.2 tablet. I recently received mine after purchasing direct from Pipo.

I received item as faulty, the top buttons are poorly made, volume control on mine is stuck in the down position, rendering the function useless at present. This was NOT something that occurred via postal damage, packaging was sound, box solid and not crushable at all. It had left the factory in this state.

Efforts to remedy this situation have been strained to say the least. Pipo customer services are rude and throw accusations. I have reverted to making a Paypal claim due to this.
Paypal have frozen their account, this shows they have issues, Paypal do not tend to do this after just one complaint.

More importantly, after further investigation, run your tablet through "Android System Info" App, and you will see there is a major flaw in the speed of the processor, processor runs extremely slow.
Worse is "Pipo" are fully aware of this issue, but still send the tablets out.

I would presume many buyers and retailers would buy these due to the processor, the 4 cores and the speed. As a retailer, expect to pass out a lot of refunds once the news of this flaw gets more publicity.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
My PIPO U1 arrived today by DHL, but had been very poorly packaged for shipment. The cardboard box containing the boxed PIPO tablet and the boxed PIPO accessories were both burst open from rough handling. Also, while I had paid for Express Fedex shipping the tablet was shipped by DHL.

The PIPO U1 had a screen protector pre-applied, but it was not applied properly and I had to remove it.

The PIPO U1 screen felt loose within the aluminum back shell. By pressing down at the edge of the screen at several points around the screen it felt like the pieces were able to re-seat themselves. I to find the push-buttons to be poor quality and the "slippery" nature of the aluminum shell makes it easy to drop.

The Users Manual is completely in Chinese, which was a disappointment. There are several widgets and program apps that are Chinese based, again a disappointment.

For some reason, I do not seem to be able to turn the tablet "Off". After completing the turn off sequence the screen goes dark, but then the tablet reboots itself after a few seconds. It stays on in stand-by mode. Maybe I am doing something wrong, can't seem to figure it out.

D

Dawnstar

I would strongly advise against purchasing a Pipo M3 P102 10.2 tablet. I recently received mine after purchasing direct from Pipo.

I received item as faulty, the top buttons are poorly made, volume control on mine is stuck in the down position, rendering the function useless at present. This was NOT something that occurred via postal damage, packaging was sound, box solid and not crushable at all. It had left the factory in this state.

Efforts to remedy this situation have been strained to say the least. Pipo customer services are rude and throw accusations. I have reverted to making a Paypal claim due to this.
Paypal have frozen their account, this shows they have issues, Paypal do not tend to do this after just one complaint.

More importantly, after further investigation, run your tablet through "Android System Info" App, and you will see there is a major flaw in the speed of the processor, processor runs extremely slow.
Worse is "Pipo" are fully aware of this issue, but still send the tablets out.

I would presume many buyers and retailers would buy these due to the processor, the 4 cores and the speed. As a retailer, expect to pass out a lot of refunds once the news of this flaw gets more publicity.

Have you heard of a sentence What paid for is what you in Cheap? Because you had some problems with this model it don't mean all their products are bad i think its a bit harsh the way you put it, did you not search the web before you bought it? I would have done this first there are some good Chinese tablets on the market today, I understand you are angry with Pipo and it staff as you know most are Chinese workers and they only speak in Chinglish i know because it was hard for them in China to speak in English to me.

I hope you get your money back from Paypal i know a few people who didn't get their money back from Chinese dealer.

My PIPO U1 arrived today by DHL, but had been very poorly packaged for shipment. The cardboard box containing the boxed PIPO tablet and the boxed PIPO accessories were both burst open from rough handling. Also, while I had paid for Express Fedex shipping the tablet was shipped by DHL.

The PIPO U1 had a screen protector pre-applied, but it was not applied properly and I had to remove it.

The PIPO U1 screen felt loose within the aluminum back shell. By pressing down at the edge of the screen at several points around the screen it felt like the pieces were able to re-seat themselves. I to find the push-buttons to be poor quality and the "slippery" nature of the aluminum shell makes it easy to drop.

The Users Manual is completely in Chinese, which was a disappointment. There are several widgets and program apps that are Chinese based, again a disappointment.

For some reason, I do not seem to be able to turn the tablet "Off". After completing the turn off sequence the screen goes dark, but then the tablet reboots itself after a few seconds. It stays on in stand-by mode. Maybe I am doing something wrong, can't seem to figure it out.

Most if not all Chinese tablet Manuals are in Chinese today if you paid for this tablet knowing full well it was Chinese model then you would know that the manual will be in Chinese, So there is no disappointment in my eyes now you would think because the Chinese sold tablets to the western world they would include a English manual? If they did you and me wouldn't understand it because it would be in Chinglish not English.

Again if the tablets is in this poor condition why keep? If you are not happy return it! When i got my Chinese Cube i change the OS JellyBean to English to get rid off all the Chinese apps, I understand your argument as well why keep something and moan about it to others but do do nothing to slove it?,

That's What i can't see the point

Last edited by a moderator: