Do these work out of the box?

mtroxel

Nov 16, 2012
I network computers for a living, have had Droid phones for 3 years now, and find that I could recomend them to clients. I have had a Nexus 7 tablet for a week now, and have upgraded it to Android 4.2.

What I find is that if I go to some sites with Chrome, I see the "Duplicate Headers" error. I see forum posts a year old with this complaint so its not something Google is going to fix. I don't get that error on my Razr browser. So I download Firefox. It also has trouble connecting to the same sites, and in fact no matter what site I go to it shuts down in a minute or less.

No flash, can't watch videos much of anywhere.

Can these things work without a bunch of flashing/rooting kind of work? I don't want to do stuff that my Joe Average user is way too intimidated to do.

Can these tablets just work out of the box?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mtroxel, congratulations on your Nexus 7 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Nexus 7 forum for you, where the folks with that tablet are more likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
. So I download Firefox. It also has trouble connecting to the same sites, and in fact no matter what site I go to it shuts down in a minute or less.

I had the same problem as soon as I let my Nexus upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.2. Firefox would boot up OK, but on trying to click onto a second page, it would crash. Since replacing it with the latest Firefox Beta version, it's been working OK. Hope this helps.

mtroxel

Nov 16, 2012
Since replacing it with the latest Firefox Beta version, it's been working OK. Hope this helps.

Thanks Billy, got that advice somewhere else and Firefox Beta is a good solution. It does not crash like the original Firefox I downloaded, and I can pretty much get to where ever I want to go now.