Do You Buy Android Tablet PCs from China?

crystalmity

Sep 6, 2012
Hi, I want to buy myself a Christmas gift online, I seached in google and found a 8inch tablet PC which have a Dual core Rockchip3066 with the latest android 4.1 OS, orientdeal post that the tablet PC have the same 1024*768 resolution as iPad Mini, a better Dual Core 10.6Ghz CPU. it called Goopad, But its price is 129USD per unit.
Do anybody have the purchase experience from China orientdeal. I am a little exciting as it would be my first time to buy overseas

eEndy

Feb 3, 2012
I ordered few and everything was OK, and also ordered few and was scammed, so it is best to leave more details (brand, site that you want to purchase from, etc) so we can give you some info or advice

D

Dawnstar

Hi, I want to buy myself a Christmas gift online, I seached in google and found a 8inch tablet PC which have a Dual core Rockchip3066 with the latest android 4.1 OS, orientdeal post that the tablet PC have the same 1024*768 resolution as iPad Mini, a better Dual Core 10.6Ghz CPU. it called Goopad, But its price is 129USD per unit.
Do anybody have the purchase experience from China orientdeal. I am a little exciting as it would be my first time to buy overseas

Do you know it Cheaper to buy a Chinese tablet pc in China than than order online the prices are over the top! some people buy tablets pc in bulk than make a big big profit sale here in UK/US. To your question i never buy anything from China website only ebay or amazon to be safe;)

The Apple mini Ipad is only 265.00 GBP thats $428.41

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2012
If you're ordering from a reputable business, you shouldn't have issues, but I would avoid buying from one of the lesser known sites. There are reviews online for most of the more major Chinese reseller sites. I've heard good things about Merrimobiles and have had good dealings on Pandawill and AliExpress. I like that AliExpress holds your money in escrow until you confirm receipt. Only then do they release it to the actual reseller.

D

Dawnstar

If you're ordering from a reputable business, you shouldn't have issues, but I would avoid buying from one of the lesser known sites. There are reviews online for most of the more major Chinese reseller sites. I've heard good things about Merrimobiles and have had good dealings on Pandawill and AliExpress. I like that AliExpress holds your money in escrow until you confirm receipt. Only then do they release it to the actual reseller.

(Pandawill) Only sales OEM Chinese tablets and many off them that's not a good choice for the OP

Dec 4, 2012
Perhaps I missed it, but wasn't the OP's request regarding an OEM Chinese tablet? If they were looking mainstream, I'd sooner point them to the Nexus 7, Tab 2, Fire HD, etc. than an Ipad mini.

inimatable2

Dec 13, 2012
I have bought a number of electronic items specifically phones and tables at great prices that are lookalike knockoffs. what attracted me to the phones is there dual sim capability. the web site I used was ***************

remember thought "buyer beware" look the specs over thoroughly.

good luck

jamhun

Dec 12, 2012
I like that AliExpress holds your money in escrow until you confirm receipt. Only then do they release it to the actual reseller.

That is a good point about Aliexpress, but what you have to remember is that you are not actually dealing with Aliexpress, they are just a sales platform like eBay. You could be buying of someone who does not even hold stock and works from the front room in their apartment. A lot of chinese sellers take your order, then they go round the markets and try and buy your items, that is why sometimes you don't always get what you ordered.

James

Dec 4, 2012
That is a good point about Aliexpress, but what you have to remember is that you are not actually dealing with Aliexpress, they are just a sales platform like eBay. You could be buying of someone who does not even hold stock and works from the front room in their apartment. A lot of chinese sellers take your order, then they go round the markets and try and buy your items, that is why sometimes you don't always get what you ordered.

James
An excellent point as well! It's always a gamble, so do what you can to protect yourself. Pay with a credit card you can dispute, or use something like Paypal for payment, where there is a defined dispute process. I've ordered from Aliexpress from 4 different sellers now, and had nothing but good luck. Shipping is always slow regardless, and they could very well be sourcing after purchase. I've always received my orders though! It's just a question of how quickly you want/need to receive the item<

Twob

Jan 20, 2013

I bought january 9 a Goopad mini here: There is another one from brand Goopad). Arrived in Amsterdam, Netherlands within 9 days from Hongkong, DHL. Payment through Paypal. No problem at all. Only problem is to get rid of the Chinese apps and widgets (needs rooting, but by what save method still isn't clear to me)

Twob

hei

Feb 26, 2013
Choose some relatively good reputation shops, such as: Ebay, AliExpress Vaful, Pandawill so on.I recently found that (Vaful) Tablet PC prices have comparative advantages.
For most of the stores in terms of support paypal payment is still relatively safe.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use paypal, just wish they went beyond 45 days, bad vendors will just drag their feet and make up excuses to get customers beyond the 45 days.
Then the customer is out of luck, when it comes to a refund.

tommer

Mar 24, 2013
I bought a Asus Nexus 7 and it was manufactured in china.

arn't they ALL made in china ?

seems so to me
:confused:

Oct 10, 2011
I bought a Asus Nexus 7 and it was manufactured in china.

arn't they ALL made in china ?

Yes they are but that is where all similarities end. Asus is a well respected electronics company with a large distribution chain that warrants and supports the products they design and sell. Buying a no-name tablet from a company you never heard of from an online store based in China is a gamble. If if shows up DOA you may have great difficulty getting a refund or replacement. Support will probably be non-existant and if you are lucky enough to get a manual it will likely be written in Chinese. It is best to stick with the major brands.

crystalmity

Sep 6, 2012
I bought january 9 a Goopad mini here: There is another one from brand Goopad). Arrived in Amsterdam, Netherlands within 9 days from Hongkong, DHL. Payment through Paypal. No problem at all. Only problem is to get rid of the Chinese apps and widgets (needs rooting, but by what save method still isn't clear to me)

Twob

yes, I finally bought myself a tablet PC on orientdeal last year with paypal payment and it is good. After the good experience, I also try a smartphone named Orient 3--Quad core Galaxy Note 3 Alternative. I am using it now and it is good now.