Do You Clean Your Screen?

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
After purchasing a good microfiber cloth to clean the screens of my tablet and phone, I've come to the conclusion that cleaning my tablet's screen is a waste of time - if it's only fingerprints. Other stuff, such as food, should be removed, but fingerprints... nope. Not regularly, anyway.

The main reason I say this is because once the screen has been completely cleaned of fingerprints it becomes smothered with them again only minutes later.

As long as it's only fingerprints I have no problem viewing the screen. So I hold off on cleaning until some opaque matter finds its way onto it - such as food substances.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Pretty much what I do. Even with microfiber cloth, you need to be gentle though. Most, if not all, screens have a film on them that you don't want to damage. For the "opaque matter" I dampen a corner of the cloth wih plain water, and then dry with the rest of the cloth. Don't even think about using something like Windex.

Eqwipman

Feb 24, 2017
My tablet has gotten something strayed on to it. it is rough feeling and very distracting. is there another more aggressive way to clean it that removes gunk?

Eqwipman

Feb 24, 2017
I bought it used so the screen was pretty bad. I tried polishing it with toothpaste. it worked some but it would take a lot more scrubbing. By the way, so far I haven't made it any worse. I was actually thinking that maybe someone had tried the polishing kits made for the plastic headlights. But with the touch screen I am afraid that would ruin it.

Kevin McMillan

Apr 25, 2017
Using a microfiber cloth is the best and simplest way to clean a mobile phone screen. You can also use alcohol gel for disinfection. But it must be used sparingly.

PinkLaramie

Jun 13, 2017
I clean it once a week as well. It's the same with my eye glasses though, no matter how much I put an effort in cleaning, it'll always have smudges or fingerprints again.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Use as gentle a touch on your screen as you can. Using s rubber stylus also saves fingerprints.