doc. files will not open on pc

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
When I create .doc files with android apps and transfer them to my pc they crash Open Office. I have tried other softwear, no luck. ASuS TF300T, Android 4.1.. Any help?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When I create .doc files with android apps and transfer them to my pc they crash Open Office. I have tried other softwear, no luck. ASuS TF300T, Android 4.1.. Any help?

Welcome to the forum

You didn't say what you were using the create the docs. If it was Polaris I suggest you try QuickOffice instead.

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
Cost me $14.44 to try Quickoffice so found a .doc to .rtf converter and tried it, works fine, not the best or most complete solution. Anyone else have this problem with Polaris? Or have solutions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Cost me $14.44 to try Quickoffice so found a .doc to .rtf converter and tried it, works fine, not the best or most complete solution. Anyone else have this problem with Polaris? Or have solutions?

Polaris is full of bugs that have, for some reason, never been corrected. One of the worst is when you save a doc and it disappears. No fun at all. When it works it's great but not worth the trouble, free or not.

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
Polaris is full of bugs that have, for some reason, never been corrected. One of the worst is when you save a doc and it disappears. No fun at all. When it works it's great but not worth the trouble, free or not.

Found this out the hard way. I have a book in ether space, fortunatly have a backup from my pc and lost only a few pages. Unfortunatly spent many hourstrying to work this out. My fault for not researching the softwear first. Thanks for your input!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Found this out the hard way. I have a book in ether space, fortunatly have a backup from my pc and lost only a few pages. Unfortunatly spent many hourstrying to work this out. My fault for not researching the softwear first. Thanks for your input!

Just so you'll know, you are not alone. ;)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Still trying to decide which is the best app for word proccessing, so far I've kind of settled on QuickOffice, mainly because of the spell check. If OfficeSuite had it I probably would choose it.

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
Well I sprung for Quickoffice and Officesuite pro neither one will create documents that I can open with Open Office on my PC, however, it does work the other way around. My work around is to save work on my tablet and convert it to .rtf with the Convert Word to RTF app then transfer to my PC with the WiFi Transfer app. Ugly but it works. BTW: Kudos to the creators of WiFi Transfer!!! The cloud is useless for my application...

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
Still trying to decide which is the best app for word proccessing, so far I've kind of settled on QuickOffice, mainly because of the spell check. If OfficeSuite had it I probably would choose it.

Beware the Quickoffice spellchecker does not work in Jelly Bean. At least not on my Asus TF300T. Quite a few posts on this.

kennycm

Sep 7, 2012
PROBLEM SOLVED! And boy do I feel stupid :( All I needed to do was save as and select MSO 2003... Default format will not work.