Docking Station sound

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just got given a ICONIA TAB A500 Series DOCKING STATION. Great thing but how does one control the sound volume? Any ideas?

I've tried lowering the volume via settings on the tablet but it is not working - it is too loud.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
I looked at one of those a while back. I recall that it comes with an IR remote. That may be the only way to control the volume. You could try one of the audio control apps, but that seems like a long shot.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I looked at one of those a while back. I recall that it comes with an IR remote. That may be the only way to control the volume. You could try one of the audio control apps, but that seems like a long shot.
I did try the remote. The remote actually controls the tablet sound volume not the volume through Docking Station. Other than this quirky problem the Docking Station is excellent - it positions the tablet at just the right angle for both positions.

Might have to resort to amp'ed speaker set. Just too loud - blow one's brains out through one's nostrils. I've had to plug the earplugs back into the A500 itself - no problems with that. I just don't want another set of boxes on my already cluttered desk.

One addition bit of info. The ACER OEM PLUGPACK now plugs into the DOCKING STATION and not into the A500. This maybe a good thing for Icebike, who has admitted to walking off with A500 in his hands and forgetting to unplug the power cable from the A500. Ouch!!!

Last edited: