Docking Station

lightstream

Jul 14, 2011
I like the way the right mouse key works as a "back" key in the browser. It's so natural, and handy, that I sometimes find myself doing it on my PC and popping up an irritating menu.

IMHO the keyboard dock is a must. The battery charging capability and screen protection alone makes it worth it. For me the full size SD card and USB ports are most welcome since I have SDHC in my camera. Downloading photos to the Transformer and then dumping the files onto a thumbdrive is a huge advantage for me.

For anyone considering the keyboard you may not know how the charging works. The extra battery in the dock is not just a reserve battery, it's also a charger. The tablet is charged by the keyboard while it is docked so while you are transporting the unit docked, and then pull the tablet off to use alone, it's been recharged by the keyboard dock. I find my Transformer recharges itself back to 100% frequently during the day while transporting it docked and then removing the tablet when I get where I'm going to use it.

wricks

Aug 6, 2010
When I purchased the twins (2 16GB TF101) I decided on the dock for mine as well and have not had a moments regret. Having used some small form factor laptops in the past, the 92% keyboard was not an issue. The first time I mated the two pieces it took more than a little wiggling and pressure but now (not even a week later) they go together without a problem. I think my wife (owner of the second TF) is leaning towards a keyboard of her own. I believe it will make a good birthday gift.