Docs to go & MS2010 issue

Nikkib

Jun 1, 2011
Hello,

I purchased the full version of docs to go a few days ago. I've read that microsoft 2010 is supported but when I downloaded a powerpoint (2010 version) I get "java.io.IOException" and am unable to open the file.

Anyone have similar issues or a remedy?

Thanks!!

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Yes Docs to go is not perfect, hold out, it won't be long before someone produces an Android version of Open Office then all our problems will be solved.
Link is OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Keep an eye open for an android version

Hello,

I purchased the full version of docs to go a few days ago. I've read that microsoft 2010 is supported but when I downloaded a powerpoint (2010 version) I get "java.io.IOException" and am unable to open the file.

Anyone have similar issues or a remedy?

Thanks!!

cforchuck

Jun 25, 2011
I installed google docs but all office docs open with docs to go. Will not allow tabs in Excel. Cannot remove docs to go or change default app to google docs.
Anyone have an idea?

Last edited:

jrizal

May 25, 2011
I installed google docs but all office docs open with docs to go. Will not dhow tabs in Excel. Cannot remove docs to go or change default app to google docs.
Anyonr have an idea?

Go to settings/applications. Select Docs To Go. Tap on default button. The next time you open a document it will ask which office suite you want to use and there will be a check box for the default app.

cforchuck

Jun 25, 2011
jrizal,

not sure we are on same OS. Forgot to mention, I'm on honeycomb 3.0. I must hit manage applications after hitting applications. Selecting either docs to go or googles docs leads to a screen with a default option but it says "no default selected" and does not respond to attempts to select.

Looks like the right track. Maybe something else needs changing to allow selection of defaults. Very frustrating.
No mention of any of this in the Acer manual. What a surprise!