docs to go or hd quick office full versions?

Ruddy

Aug 18, 2011
is it worth to buy quick office pro HD? i work with powerpoint and word mostly. some of the features of my slides are not recognized by the program that come in the tablet docs to go…what is ur advice?

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I have used Documents to Go for years and have been satisfied with it. No experience with Quick Office on Android, but it was just so-so on Windows.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,
The information I have collected from the web is that the best office suite for android is Quick office pro HD.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I too am a quick office fan now... I also used docs to go for years

...sent from my 'un-stock' g2x

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I didnt know docs to go didn't have a spell checker. I'm in serious trouble since I can't spell :)
I didn't noticed whether or not the Docs app had a spell checker either. However, if you create it in Docs to Go and mail to your Gdocs, you can open it in the browser instead of the app and the misspelled words are underlined in red. At least I did. That's about as far as I've gotten, it seems kind of round about, but maybe you'll have better luck.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Docs To Go does not recognize any of the Office 2010 files (the ones ending in X) and there's no option to convert, or at least I haven't figured out how to open them. I'm not sure how this impact your decision, but I thought it would be a helpful fyi. Quick Office will open them.

matt92617

Aug 21, 2011
docs to go is horriboe in my opinion.
1. it is not tablet optimized
2. takes several steps to do simple commands
3. search funcations is buggy in PDF files and it takes forever to find anything

thats my limited 2 day experiance

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
May not be a deal maker/breaker but I've been useing docs 2 go for quite some time and I have never lost any data. The other day I had it open, working on a document, switshed to something else and crashed my system. Once I got it sorted out and ran D2G again it asked if I wanted it to attempt to recover my work and it did. I was impressed. Sometimes I get lazy and stupid, but thanks to D2G that time I didn't have to suffer because of it.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Docs To Go does not recognize any of the Office 2010 files (the ones ending in X) and there's no option to convert, or at least I haven't figured out how to open them. I'm not sure how this impact your decision, but I thought it would be a helpful fyi. Quick Office will open them.

I'm using docs to go full version and it jolly well opens the .xlsx and .docs files. Please check again.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
When I try to open a .xlsx, I get a "This file cannot be opened because it is not a valid MS Excel 97-2008 file". Similar message for .docx. Same files, in Quickoffice, no problems.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
This is what Dataviz (Documents to Go) says about its product:

' Documents To Go® for Android-powered Smartphones Documents To Go Full Version lets you view, edit and create Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint® files as well as view Adobe® PDF files on your device - all in one complete package.

Purchase Options Download FREE Viewer Edition

Key Features:

Create, view and edit native Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments Includes support for Microsoft Office 2007/2008 and 2010 View native Adobe PDF files Built-in file browser Open password-protected files Quickly access recently used documents via "Live Folder" '
I am able to work with Microsoft office 2010 files as they claim. Are you using the latest and full version of D2G? Please check.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I'm using docs to go full version and it jolly well opens the .xlsx and .docs files.
Yup. Just to be certain: I hunted-down one each of .xlsx and .docx files and emailed them to myself. They each opened w/o issue and looked correct to me.

Jim

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yup. Just to be certain: I hunted-down one each of .xlsx and .docx files and emailed them to myself. They each opened w/o issue and looked correct to me.

Jim
Well I been using the D2G full version for sometime and I find it clumsy. I just tried to paste something into a spreadsheet and the paste button is greyed out. This is something I do regularly in MS EXCEL without a problem. I just get frustrated - it affects my studies. :confused: