Hi all, My experience with buying a pad from the site we all love to hate. The story starts on February the 16th when I find what is described as a 7" ePad running android 2.1, CPU, ARM ( platform, VIA WM8505, 533MHz, 256 DDRII, 2GB Flash HDD. I had to wait as the seller had sold out so it eventually arrived on March the 16th. I unpacked it and checked over for any damaged and found scratches all over the display, not a good start. I then put it on charge and waited. Once it was fully charged I then turned it on and was greeted by the home screen, one look at it and I was fairly certain it wasn't running 2.1 firmware, so I navigate to about device where it confirms that it is running 1.6, if this wasn't bad enough, the apps that they said came pre-installed were no where to be found on the device, not happy at all. I contact the seller and listed all the problems with it, 2 days later I get a reply, this is a shortened version of what they said: Thank you for contacting us, Regarding the firmware version we can 100% guarantee the device is running android 2.1 , manufacturer updated it. The reason 1.6 shows in about device is because the first OS to be installed gets embedded into the chip, WHAT!!!! We are sorry to here about the scratches on the display, we check all units before we send out to customers. Apps that are not installed can be downloaded and installed by customer. My reply: Thank you for your reply No firmware version gets embedded into the chip, the whole idea of about device is so you can check what firmware version any device is running, so as I said this unit is only running 1.6 and not the 2.1 you claim. You couldn't have checked this unit very well other wise you would have seen all the scratches on the display. If you advertise something as having XW and Z that is exactly what it should have. I have downloaded a few apps and tried to install them but the device tells me incompatible with this device and I think you will find that this is because of the OS being 1.6 All of this went back and forth for about a week with me getting nowhere, so I decided to write them a letter stating all the problems, at this point I had discovered an app called Android System Infos. I installed Android System Infos and it confirmed it was running Android 1.6 Donut, API level 4=1.6 Donut, took a screen capture and transferred it to PC and printed it out and included it with the letter. Sent letter by recorded delivery so seller would have to sign for it. Postman tried to deliver but no one was at the address so postie pushed a card through letter box informing them that there was a letter for them at there local post office, After 2 days they hadn't collected it so knew they probably wouldn't bother. Took lots of photos of device running before parcelling it up to send back to seller. I also included copies of the the letter and the print out of Android System Infos in with it. I sent it back to them by special delivery signed for. Sent the seller the tracking number and informed them it was on it's way back to them and that I expected them to give me a full refund and to refund the cost of postage. I also told them in the letter that consumer direct had been informed and they would be passing it on to Trading Standards. All that was 3 days ago and guess what.................................Not heard anything from them. Will leave it a few more days and if I still haven't heard from them I will then contact consumer direct again. Will update this when I have any more news.