Does anyone know what this is?

A51H

Nov 26, 2010
Does anyone have an actual model number for this tablet and any idea how it does in reviews?

Amazon

Edit:

It's this link.

Anyone got any opinions on it?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I thought we had a thread somewhere, but I don't recommend this right now for everyone...

A51H

Nov 26, 2010
Hi xaueious,

I have to say that through research this is going to be the best tablet out there for me, I can charge it overnight and it has four hours use time which is plenty for the situations I want to use it in. I always carry several proprietary iPxx connectors with me anyway so I have access to the data transfer with the Arm A8 in it it'll support flash as well as downloading to the 32gb SD card I have in the order. The rockchip tablets that I think you favour won't be able to support flash 10 and as I have found the supplier that the guy on Amazon uses the £100 investment is acceptably low that I don't mind if this tablet turns out to dissapoint. However I would be surprised if it did as after watching several reviews on Shanzai.com of various tablets I gauge the reviewer to be reasonably honest about a products shortcomings and based on his review feel that this tablet should be good.

Cheers,

A51H

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't favor the Rockchip.

Look, for $100 more, you get a tablet that actually lasts, has a capacitive screen, and has real updates in case anything happens. Plus you don't wait 2 weeks for it to arrive at your door. Nor do you worry about European customs/duty through the border. These tablets are so 'beta' it's not even funny.

But as long as you are willing to deal with that, it's a good decision.

In any case, hope you enjoy your purchase. This tablet does have its advantages, but you need to get a realistic idea of how it is going to perform.

A51H

Nov 26, 2010
Just got it in the mail the other day and wow. Very sleek design resistive screen took a little practice but I've mastered it now :) The only gripe I have is that I can't work out how to lock it any suggstions?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
One of the outstanding bugs that has yet to be resolved is the lack of sleep mode. If you force sleep mode I heard it cannot wake up.

The newer firmware shipping on newer devices is better now. Not sure what you have.

A51H

Nov 26, 2010
I only get sound, aero mode and power off :( I really want to be able to lock it even if it can't 'sleep'

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Unfortunately this is one of the things that isn't yet developed for this tablet.