Does it make difference if I peel off the protection film on screen?

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Does it make it much better if I peel off the protection film on S7 screen? Does anyone know if the response will be quicker if no protection film on the screen? Has anybody tried?

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Does it make it much better if I peel off the protection film on S7 screen? Does anyone know if the response will be quicker if no protection film on the screen? Has anybody tried?

....as in the protection film that came with it when you opened it from the box? :confused:

Viago

Mar 1, 2011
I still have that film on mine, cause i never got to buying a screen protector, and when i get to it im broke. lol

techmaster

Mar 1, 2011
if it is the protective screen cover it should have nothing to do with the speed of the touch screens response as it is just a cover.

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Is it true that the film will delay a bit screen response as the thin film creates an "insulation" layer between finger tip and screen?

if it is the protective screen cover it should have nothing to do with the speed of the touch screens response as it is just a cover.

techmaster

Mar 1, 2011
yes thats correct it does create an insulation layer but this delay should be about 0.01secs if not less. Is there a reason you need such accurate speed response from the device?

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
I am a little unhappy at s7 slow touch screen response. It's not so obvious but i can still tell

techmaster

Mar 1, 2011
ah yes that is quite annoying to me. i like my touch response to be exactly when i touch it. i know what you mean. not only could it be your protective screen cover also your device may not have a very fast processing speed or RAM. what are the specs?

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
It might be a problem of resistance screen. This kinda screen has a slower response. But I wonder if it makes difference should I peel of the film?

techmaster

Mar 1, 2011
personally i wouldn't. i would leave it on. what is your device? android pad? is the screen good quality brand/make?

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
On capacitive screens, using a screen protector may make a small difference. On resistive screens, like the S7, a screen protector shouldn't make any difference.

It sounds like you probably had a capacitive screen before. With resistive, more pressure is required when touching the screen. So if you are touching it lightly, it might seem a little laggy. The screen on the S7 isn't too bad (for being a large screen) once you get used to it.

I always use a screen protector on my devices, since with a resistive screen, you can use just about anything on them and usually do (pencils, pens, stylus, anything else in your hand at the time). The screen protector keeps the screen from getting scratched by any oddball thing you might use on it.

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Aren't we talking about Huawei Ideos s7? This is what I have now. The screen is not bad but just a little bit slow response.

personally i wouldn't. i would leave it on. what is your device? android pad? is the screen good quality brand/make?

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Thank you for your information. I don't think the screen is bad. Maybe I just need get used to it

On capacitive screens, using a screen protector may make a small difference. On resistive screens, like the S7, a screen protector shouldn't make any difference.

It sounds like you probably had a capacitive screen before. With resistive, more pressure is required when touching the screen. So if you are touching it lightly, it might seem a little laggy. The screen on the S7 isn't too bad (for being a large screen) once you get used to it.

I always use a screen protector on my devices, since with a resistive screen, you can use just about anything on them and usually do (pencils, pens, stylus, anything else in your hand at the time). The screen protector keeps the screen from getting scratched by any oddball thing you might use on it.