Does NookColor provide USB host ????????????

as_zz

Mar 31, 2011
Is there any one who has worked on this to enable nook color to work as an USB-host? I need to connect a device which has USB output to the nook color and then nook color should display the message sent by other device. People who have ideas on this please help..

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
To my knowledge, the Nook Color has the hardware for usb host but its not enable by default. There are those out there working on getting it working. Many are skipping this and going for connecting other devices via bluetooth, which is available from a custom rom. Speaking of custom roms, this feature of usb host will most likely be enabled from a custom rom sometime down the road once they knock out the more pressing issues of their development.

Here are a few links that may help:
Fine Oils: USB Host For Nook Color
[Q] USB Host support - xda-developers

as_zz

Mar 31, 2011
hey rico2001..thanks for the information. Anyway in that case my desire will get little complicated. Can you just give me some idea how to get this done..and if theres the hardware support i guess they have made the nook a permanent device by short circuiting ID pin and GND pin of the USB port. If so we can change it by little change to the USB port and the cable.. but it is a custom port which has some additional pins also. More information on this will be highly appreciated..

aludal

Dec 12, 2010
Thank you for the link to my blog, but I'm sorry of being of not so much help since that my post in Fine Oils (March 16). I'm not a developer, I just happen to know a great developer named roebeet since our days with WPDN. Bad thing is roebeet doesn't have NookColor and dislikes the 7" format for tables. Obviously, Koush could port this hack into NC relatively easily, but I can't address Koush directly: He's like a semi-god in Open Android development, and I'm a mere reporter everyone at XDA Devs kicks around because of my views on NC video playback, BT, USB Host issues, and everything in between. Plus yes, I'm a highly unpopular artist: Fine Oils, LOL.