does not turn on for awhile, then turns on

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Tablets' started by robie_cc, Dec 2, 2010.

1. robie_cc

robie_cc Member

Hi to all. Im having problems with my haipad mid701 with android 2.1. Im not sure if its normal or my unit has a defect.

When i have low ram memory (about <20mb), my screen suddenly turns off. then, i will not be able to turn the power on for awhile even if i toggle the power switch twice.

i understand that it may turn itself off when low memory but i dont know if its normal that it does not power on for awhile

is it normal that it would not turn on for about 30 mins to 4 hours even if i toggle the side button power switch?

2. Loonix

Loonix Member

that does not sound normal.

I had something that looked the same on a rockchip aPad.
    It seems that it did NOT power down completely and the hardware switch did not work properly in that cases.
    I had to wait until the battery ran out, then i could connect it again to the charger and power the pad up normaly.

Please try if the same happens to your par without a RAM manager. (without that my aPad worked fine)

3. hoben02

hoben02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    epad zenithink zt-180
    loading up an app for "task killer" will probably help free up programs that startup but you don't need right away

4. robie_cc

robie_cc Member

Thanks Loonix and hoben02 for the quick replies... i deleted the ES task manager. working properly now. thanks alot! i'll check the forums for a list of good apps for the m701...