Doesn't have to always be a micro sd card

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
Depending on how much juice this device requires, of course. I know that anything that requires a bit of power you have to plug it in to an external power source. That's a good idea though!

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
Not rocket science - I prefer the ones that are like a thumbdrive to one with a cable like that.
Steer clear of that one since it doesn't support HC.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Can you give an example if a micro sd thumbdrive unit. I would love to see on. Right now that one that I described was the only thing of its type that I've seen.

me2010

May 5, 2011
Can you give an example if a micro sd thumbdrive unit. I would love to see on. Right now that one that I described was the only thing of its type that I've seen.

Hey , I bought this a couple of months back and works flawlessly

World's smallest Micro SDHC USB Card Reader

$1387_small_micro_sd_reader1.gif

Keep my tv shows and downloads on it, dosen't drain battery either

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
What I was looking for was something that held multiple sd, micro sd, etc at the same time.

Maybe I'm looking at the one from amazon wrong, but what I was trying to get at was something that, let's say I have 4 micro sd cards each with 4 gb mem. I could stick all 4 of them into a "thing" that has a usb and end up with 16 gb of mem.

I went hunting for a 32 gb micro sd card and found a crazy thing that took 2 16 gb cards and stuck them in one unit for 32 gb.

Anyone seen anything like this????

Ken

spexwood

May 11, 2011
What I was looking for was something that held multiple sd, micro sd, etc at the same time.

First, something like this probably doesn't exist. Second, the device in the link you posted will NOT work on this tablet. The reason why is because the tablet only has 1 USB slot and was programmed to read only 1 USB device at a time (accessed through mnt/usb_storage).
If you bought a card reader with multiple card slots like shown in your original link, you should be able to use it, but you would only be able to stick 1 card in it at a time. If you put 2 or more, the OS will read them as individual cards, and will not be able to read them all since the OS can only accept 1 USB device at a time.
This means that if you had 3 cards- for example: 1GB microSD, 2GB SDHC, and 3GB PRO Duo- the multi-card reader will NOT show up as containing a 6GB drive, but will instead show each card separately.

I went hunting for a 32 gb micro sd card and found a crazy thing that took 2 16 gb cards and stuck them in one unit for 32 gb.
Ken

Like this?
Amazon.com: TOPRAM 32GB (16GB x 2) microSD microSDHC Card Class 4 with Memory Stick Pro Duo Adapter: Electronics
These do work, but I have not tried them personally. I would think though that if you put two 16GB cards in it, it will show up as something lower than 32GB. The same thing happens when using 2+ HDDs and having them work as combined storage. Some percent of storage is used to link the devices together.

Anyways, something like this will not work in this tablet (but I am sure you know this) because it is a Pro Duo taking 2 microSD cards. The tablet reads microSD cards and not Pro Duos (too big in physical size).

Last edited: